The Student Room Group

Ask me anything: Extended Project Qualification Psychology

I achieved an A* in my extended project psychology dissertation, if anyone is doing a psychology topic too and would like any advice/help, let me know I'll be happy to help! :smile:
What was your question and do you have any top tips for researching/recording methods? Well done!
Original post by HarveyCB
What was your question and do you have any top tips for researching/recording methods? Well done!

My question was "Is the aetiology of Anorexia Nervosa the result of nature or nurture?". When researching, I would highly recommend doing a little bit of research at the start to get you started but do the majority of your research while you are writing the dissertation! For example, I researched the history of anorexia, then I wrote about it straight away before going on to gender differences rather than researching everything first as you lose where you got things from and it slows you down. Make sure that you also reference as you go! Microsoft word is helpful for this if you click 'insert citation', I found footnotes helpful too. For recording your work (i hope that's what you meant) make sure you record your progress in the activity log every session or you will forget what you did. Mine was set up as what I did that week and how it will help me in my project, any changes I made that week or will need to make, any resources i found or will look for next session, problems I found, and how I would overcome them and briefly what I was planning to do next. For higher marks, make sure you change something in your activity log, even if it is the title or something, to show that you have adapted your plans. I used internet websites, academic online journals (google scholar), a book and I watched a documentary. I also made a questionnaire. You don't have to spend hours for a good grade! I only spent 2 hours of lesson time a week at school each week, unless I had something such as mocks where I would prioritise other things. I was very gradual and laidback until nearer the deadline (2 weeks before) where I spent a few extra hours a day to get it finished. Finally, remember quality over quantity! I was only just over the minimum word count.
Thank you btw!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending