New Vision University Tbilisi 2020 Medicine

Watch
vaneia412
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi! Im starting my Graduate entry medicine from NVU via SME this September - Ive opted to do my first year online. Is anyone else in the same boat? Would be great to know!
Bio10155
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi yes, I am! I've posted on another thread. But nice to meet an online fellow medical student. We'll keep in touch when things get going. If you want to chat prior to 14th, I'm more than happy to do so.
vaneia412
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio10155)
Hi yes, I am! I've posted on another thread. But nice to meet an online fellow medical student. We'll keep in touch when things get going. If you want to chat prior to 14th, I'm more than happy to do so.
Great to finally see someone is in the same boat! - have you received your recognition letter from NVU?
Bio10155
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by vaneia412)
Great to finally see someone is in the same boat! - have you received your recognition letter from NVU?
Likewise! At present I haven't received the recognition letter, although I'm a little confused as to whether we do or not, as they did state under the graduate paragraph - 1st years do not receive one but I don't know if they are referring to 1 year graduate or undergraduates? I'm sure they meant the former. Well I actually paid via the transferwise app for the 1st semester it should go through today (4th) so I reckon once they can confirm they'll start things rolling. BTW - did you go through SME for Nu Vision? I'm based in the UK.
vaneia412
Rep:
?
Likewise! At present I haven't received the recognition letter, although I'm a little confused as to whether we do or not, as they did state under the graduate paragraph - 1st years do not receive one but I don't know if they are referring to 1 year graduate or undergraduates? I'm sure they meant the former. Well I actually paid via the transferwise app for the 1st semester it should go through today (4th) so I reckon once they can confirm they'll start things rolling. BTW - did you go through SME for Nu Vision? I'm based in the UK.
Hi - yes I went through SME for NVU - not sure about SME and their services haha! Im also in the UK - I received my recognition letter not so long ago - telling me which of my modules they have recognised from my BSc and the 'extra' modules I need to take up. I know theres been a delay with these as the university is crazy busy at the moment. Im sure you'll get one too soon?
Bio10155
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! Thanks for that info! I'll have a lookout for that soon! Were the modules recognised to your expectations? I take it you have access to the portal as well? Haha - I guess it's money first with SME 😁. Were you also planning to do your clinical rotations over at Nu Vision? I'm thinking if the money works out - I'd like to remain in the UK, as one of the affiliated hospitals (Basildon) is only down my road and I know a few staff there. In fact, I recognise some of Nu Vision's academic profs in the list as they also worked at Southend Hospital (near me) where I was a HCA in the past. What I'm not so sure is if I need to spend summer over at Georgia to cover the extra 15 credits per year on top of the 60 ECTS UK clinical rotation? So whereabouts are you in the UK? And what's your BSc in?
vaneia412
Rep:
?
Hello! Thanks for that info! I'll have a lookout for that soon! Were the modules recognised to your expectations? I take it you have access to the portal as well? Haha - I guess it's money first with SME 😁. Were you also planning to do your clinical rotations over at Nu Vision? I'm thinking if the money works out - I'd like to remain in the UK, as one of the affiliated hospitals (Basildon) is only down my road and I know a few staff there. In fact, I recognise some of Nu Vision's academic profs in the list as they also worked at Southend Hospital (near me) where I was a HCA in the past. What I'm not so sure is if I need to spend summer over at Georgia to cover the extra 15 credits per year on top of the 60 ECTS UK clinical rotation? So whereabouts are you in the UK? And what's your BSc in?
I have access to the SME portal but that only has some information about the agency in general - nothing specific about NVU or my first year. I think theres another university portal that we will be getting access to? I am still awaiting for something from the university itself. I would LOVE to do my rotations here but at the same time the money seems insane and I just don't think its worth it - I went to Tbilisi is December 2019 and saw the university/hopsital its actually not that bad! I am south - near Gatwick Airport, how about you? My BSc was in Medical Physiology - how about yours?

According to my recognition letter NVU has given me 67 credits out of the 360 - so I have about 293 credits to do and that means doing almost 72 credits per year to finish the course in 4 years? I think..
Bio10155
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by vaneia412)
I have access to the SME portal but that only has some information about the agency in general - nothing specific about NVU or my first year. I think theres another university portal that we will be getting access to? I am still awaiting for something from the university itself. I would LOVE to do my rotations here but at the same time the money seems insane and I just don't think its worth it - I went to Tbilisi is December 2019 and saw the university/hopsital its actually not that bad! I am south - near Gatwick Airport, how about you? My BSc was in Medical Physiology - how about yours?

According to my recognition letter NVU has given me 67 credits out of the 360 - so I have about 293 credits to do and that means doing almost 72 credits per year to finish the course in 4 years? I think..
Same here - very limited info to be honest in the SME portal. There's a few pdf books for us but depends on the modules. I have a feeling they won't have Nu Vision-specific info there. Yes, you are correct you should receive an activation link from NuVision which will only be valid for 24hrs so do look out for it. Regarding UK clinical rotations - you are right the amount you'll need is a lot! But I've emailed SME to give me some hard facts as to what is required so I can potentially budget for the UK if and when the time comes. I'm glad at least you've at least seen the University! Well, you're not that far from me - I'm around Southend way. My background is Molecular Biology but that was over 18 years ago (you can work out my age 😁). I've worked in Biotech industry for over 12 years now as a molecular pathologist, and to be honest it's no longer fulfilling hence I'm giving Medicine a new career goal.

NVU recognised either 74-76 credits from my transcript analysis, so I'm interested in finding out which modules they let me skip through. So I'm looking out for that recognition letter. If you like, we can have a phone conversation once we've got all the bits sorted. It'll be nice to be on the same level to see if we've have our facts correct and perhaps raise some questions towards NVU. I'll PM you my mobile number.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise