Boyfriend refuses to wear a mask in shops

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So we went out shopping for the first time since lockdown and my boyfriend refused to wear a mask saying it's a waste of time and looks stupid I tried to explain to him that he could unknowingly pass the virus on and he just said so and then said he doesn't believe it's anywhere near as bad as people say it is, he calls me a drama queen and says I overreact to everything and also says I'm a sheep for believing the media. I feel like I should just break up with him, should I end it with him?
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So we went out shopping for the first time since lockdown and my boyfriend refused to wear a mask saying it's a waste of time and looks stupid I tried to explain to him that he could unknowingly pass the virus on and he just said so and then said he doesn't believe it's anywhere near as bad as people say it is, he calls me a drama queen and says I overreact to everything and also says I'm a sheep for believing the media. I feel like I should just break up with him, should I end it with him?
He sounds dim.
The masks are about him passing it to other people.
Surprised he isnt refused entry.
No point arguing, just dont shop with him.
Make your m,ind up about whether you wish to persevere. He sounds pretty selfish.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If he refuses to wear a mask then he is a selfish p rick and you should tell him so.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Makes you wonder in what other ways he might be selfish, that you have yet to discover about him?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
He sounds dim.
The masks are about him passing it to other people.
Surprised he isnt refused entry.
No point arguing, just dont shop with him.
Make your m,ind up about whether you wish to persevere. He sounds pretty selfish.
The shop never enforces it
Advertisement
CoryDeAth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Well, anyone who refuses to wear a mask is an absolute, selfish [email protected]#$% :dry: Judging by his personality, and especially his attitude towards you for doing the right thing, I'd say break things off with him in a heartbeat - he evidently isn't all that great of a person! :sadnod:
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’d dump him if it were me, from the entirety of your post - not just the refusal to wear a mask.
Advertisement
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That's really not the issue. It's about having common courtesy and respect for other people.
am.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If he's like that, he's probably problematic in other ways 🤷🏾*♀️ but it's honestly up to you. If ur thinking about breaking up with him ur probably not happy with him
Advertisement
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
He'll be the one crying when he gets fined.
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
Previous information stand.
Is it his fault for being dim and selfish or yours for going out with him?
Advertisement
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Trust what your gut instinct is telling you about whether to break up with him.
I won't wear a mask either but I stay out of shops and all places where face coverings are required.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by am.)
If he's like that, he's probably problematic in other ways 🤷🏾*♀️ but it's honestly up to you. If ur thinking about breaking up with him ur probably not happy with him
Well he did complain a lot when I wouldn't meet him or his mates during lockdown because my dad is in the vulnerable category so yeah had a lot of issues with him lately
Advertisement
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s his choice whether he wants to wear it or not. It’s also your choice whether it affects you and your relationship with him. He already dismissed your concerns and even turned it back to you and ended up insulting you simply for asking. Reconsider your relationship with him and if it really was worth it.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t get people who refuse to wear a mask in a shop on anyrging other than medical grounds. Chances are you won’t be in there for too long. Just wear it and take it off when you leave, it’s not difficult or unreasonable.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Honestly I would end it
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Immature reason to break up with someone if I'm being entirely honest. I'm all for masks, but you're going to end a relationship with someone because they don't want to wear one? I don't know, just seems like if you're at that point it's probably a fragile relationship anyway,
Advertisement
Ghostlady
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sounds like a very selfish person to me. He was not giving any consideration to your vulnerable dad. Hes a liability and chances are he will get it if he wants to play roulette with his health. And also not just that, roulette with everyone else around him.
Geraldthegoat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think you’re the same person that was talking about their boyfriend complaining before to do with disrespecting your mum etc ?! Break up with him already.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Immature reason to break up with someone if I'm being entirely honest. I'm all for masks, but you're going to end a relationship with someone because they don't want to wear one? I don't know, just seems like if you're at that point it's probably a fragile relationship anyway,
Sounds like she is having other issues with him as pointed out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads