The Student Room Group

Boyfriend refuses to wear a mask in shops

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deggs_14
I don't blame him at all. Pretty much every shop I go into more people are not wearing face coverings than are. Bit of a petty thing to break up with someone over, you should talk to him deeper about the subject and see what he disagrees with.

if you read the whole post you’d see it’s more than just not wearing a mask.
Good for him. This whole thing is a massive overreaction for what is a flu. Almost zero chance of being fined. Most didn't care before it was compulsory, they're just scared of fines.
Do masks really do anything though?
Reply 23
It is all about control #KeepBritainFree
Every single detail you've mentioned suggests this guy is a moron and a complete d***head. So, yes, end it.
Your dating a Karen.
You could try and explain to him that you’re just being careful as you don’t want him to pass on the virus to vulnerable people neither do you want him to catch it as you care about him deeply. Hope this helps :smile:
I'm sorry, but that's a very silly reason to break up with him. Just let him be him, if he doesn't choose the wear a mask then don't force him and if he does choose to wear a mask then he can. Just don't force him into doing things he doesn't want to do as it will probably piss him off more.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Liam sutherland
I'm sorry, but that's a very silly reason to break up with him. Just let him be him, if he doesn't choose the wear a mask then don't force him and if he does choose to wear a mask then he can. Just don't force him into doing things he doesn't want to do as it will probably piss him off more.

Exactly. I don't see why she feels it's her place to tell him to do something he doesn't want to.
Original post by Anonymous
So we went out shopping for the first time since lockdown and my boyfriend refused to wear a mask saying it's a waste of time and looks stupid I tried to explain to him that he could unknowingly pass the virus on and he just said so and then said he doesn't believe it's anywhere near as bad as people say it is, he calls me a drama queen and says I overreact to everything and also says I'm a sheep for believing the media. I feel like I should just break up with him, should I end it with him?

Dump his a**.
Covid is real. I've had friends catch it, relatives too. Sadly know some friends whose parents + others have died from it.
If he is in denial, tell him to visit a hospital. He will only believe it when he sees it, or when he catches it himself.
Do masks really do anything though?

Here's a good way of looking at it.

That should make it easier to understand why masks are better in protecting against a virus that can kill through airborne transmission.
It's hard to trust the media when at first they said there was no reason to wear masks
But as soon as they made masks mandatory the cases of covid then went up 🤔
Reply 33
Original post by debussy_reverie
It's hard to trust the media when at first they said there was no reason to wear masks

They just make people think they’re safer that’s basically it.
cough in the morons face repeatedly.
So we went out shopping for the first time since lockdown and my boyfriend refused to wear a mask saying it's a waste of time and looks stupid I tried to explain to him that he could unknowingly pass the virus on and he just said so and then said he doesn't believe it's anywhere near as bad as people say it is, he calls me a drama queen and says I overreact to everything and also says I'm a sheep for believing the media. I feel like I should just break up with him, should I end it with him?

people like your bf are the reason why we are still in this mess.
Reply 36

Yes, you should break up with him. He sounds like a total ****. ''sheep'' for believing in scientifically demonstrable facts. Endangering others through his stupidity - and also just rudeness. It would cost him nothing to make people more comfortable, what's stopping him? some weird anti-authoritarian pride ********? That's a deal breaker :wink:
Reply 37

His attitude means he could easily end up infecting you and his family and your friends and family (if he's in contact with them)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending