Safta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello,this week i need to make a hard decision.I need to choose between studying at queen mary politics and transferring to law during first weeks which can be possible or no if only students drop out (hopefully because law is what i prefer mainly) or to go to university of greenwich and study law.The only difference is their rankings...which make me choose queen mary for its ranking but at the same time choose greenwich for studying law directly.I like both unis but the difference in their rankings makes it hard for me to decide,what would you people choose ?Also i am still
Not decided what career path to follow but i want it to be something related to politics-law.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do not start a course you don't actually want to do, or start one in the hope that you can switch when that may not be possible.

Think - how would I feel if I ended up having to do an entire Politics degree?

And, if you dont want to go to Greenwich, it sounds like it might be better to take a gap year, resit and reapply to a Uni you do want to go to for Law
Safta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Do not start a course you don't actually want to do, or start one in the hope that you can switch when that may not be possible.

Think - how would I feel if I ended up having to do an entire Politics degree?

And, if you dont want to go to Greenwich, it sounds like it might be better to take a gap year, resit and reapply to a Uni you do want to go to for Law
I want to do law but also politics because they have common career paths,i am just concerned about the ranking of the 2 universities to which i should go to .Taking a gap year is not an option for me .What would you advise me to choose from the 2 universities based on my situation?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Safta)
I want to do law but also politics because they have common career paths,
You cant practise Law with a Politics degree.
And there is no such thing as a 'politics career pathway' .
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Safta)
Hello,this week i need to make a hard decision.I need to choose between studying at queen mary politics and transferring to law during first weeks which can be possible or no if only students drop out (hopefully because law is what i prefer mainly) or to go to university of greenwich and study law.The only difference is their rankings...which make me choose queen mary for its ranking but at the same time choose greenwich for studying law directly.I like both unis but the difference in their rankings makes it hard for me to decide,what would you people choose ?Also i am still
Not decided what career path to follow but i want it to be something related to politics-law.
Hi!

I would personally choose the uni that you feel most at home with. If you get a chance visit the area for the day, if not try and remember what their open days were like.
Both are good unis, so personally i wouldn't worry about their ranking.
I would choose the uni that that offers a better chance of leaving uni with a career (this might even be the lower ranking uni). Or the uni which provides more help and resources to their students on their course and make a list of thses to compare.

I hope this gives you some help or guidance!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
will you be happy if you don't get to transfer at Queen Mary (worst case scenario)?

personally wouldn't chose the other uni, no.
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Safta

I've personally had a really good experience at Greenwich so far but I completely understand your apprehension because I was concerned about the rankings before I came to Greenwich But honestly I'm really glad I decided to come here in the end and I haven't regretted it because I like the lecturers and some of the people I've met on the course

I'm about to go into my 3rd year for Law at Greenwich so if you have any questions let me know
Sarvienn
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Safta)
Take a gap year and re-apply whilst having a deferred offer? That way your options are safe all-round.. If you have the finances then go ahead with queen mary and if you cant transfer later reapply whilst sitting through the first year of politics anyways?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed