Will doing single science higher VS Trilogy higher effect you

Watch
HPablo485
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How will this effect me as our school only has one single science class and the rest are trilogy will his have impact on finding university’s?
cherrymandycand
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HPablo485)
How will this effect me as our school only has one single science class and the rest are trilogy will his have impact on finding universiti
I'm about to enter year 10 so I'm no expert but what I do know from family and friends is that doing triple science at GCSE's makes your life extremely easier if you wanted to pursue the sciences at Alevels and if you won't pursue a science-based career in the future (e.g. medicine, nursing).
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How will this effect me as our school only has one single science class and the rest are trilogy will his have impact on finding university’s?
Doing separate sciences if you are planning to study science at A level is certainly beneficial, but it isn't essential. Universities are not hugely bothered which you do, as separates are not an option at all schools. Plus they're more interested in the grades!
If you are not going to study at a level then it may be worth sticking with trilogy instead, unless you really love science and would enjoy doing the extra content.
username5376192
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Triple science student here, there's not much of a difference tbh. Unis don't really care if you did triple science or double. As long as you have relevant a levels and good grades it doesn't matter.

The reason why teachers advise you do triple is because it's three gcses instead of two plus the grades are independent of each other:

Let's say you get in double science:

Physics:9
Chemistry:9
Biology:5

That will lower your overall grade since they're calculated on average in double or something

However in triple if you got the same grades it will not lower your grade.

The content is practically the same except in triple there's a few extra stuff. Also triple doesn't necessarily mean you're doing higher. You can still end up doing foundation in triple,
HPablo485
Rep:
?
Thank you that’s the thing I don’t want anything to do with science as I am going into accounts and finance I’m pretty sure that combined science won’t be a problem as long as I can get 7 or 8 for it
emw5678
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i personally would take triple science if you can. that being said, if you know you don’t want to take science for a-level it may be beneficial to take combined. my friend went from grade 6s in triple to 99 in combined so it’s really personal preference
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you that’s the thing I don’t want anything to do with science as I am going into accounts and finance I’m pretty sure that combined science won’t be a problem as long as I can get 7 or 8 for it
In that case Combined Science is ample.
HPablo485
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
In that case Combined Science is ample.
And salon do you know the difference between trilogy and synergy combined science ?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
And salon do you know the difference between trilogy and synergy combined science ?
There are just 2 different ways the exam board AQA offers its Combined Science GCSEs.
I don't know any more but you can find out for yourself here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
29.69%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (4)
6.25%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
31.25%

Watched Threads