csmith20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just wondering about how holiday pay works - when I book time off at my job, does this automatically get paid as holiday pay ? Or do I have to specify that my booked holiday is requested as holiday pay?

I’ll try to make that a bit more detailed; if I have accrued holiday available, does the time off get paid out of this or do I have to request it specifically? Thank you in advance!
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
generally, you request a day off and then you still get paid as normal for the month, holiday allowance down by 1 day.

Some part time jobs/zero hours, MAY say that the hourly rate includes 12.8% extra to cover holidays (and then you hgave this holiday when not working), but i have not seen this fir a while

best to ask your emolpyer/colleagues.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
generally, you request a day off and then you still get paid as normal for the month, holiday allowance down by 1 day.

Some part time jobs/zero hours, MAY say that the hourly rate includes 12.8% extra to cover holidays (and then you hgave this holiday when not working), but i have not seen this fir a while

I agree.
Best check with your employer as places do things differently.
csmith20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)

Thank you! I didn’t get paid my holiday pay although I booked time off, I’m wondering if that’s technically my fault for not specifying that.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But people don’t get paid holiday pay, you get paid the day ad if you worked it.
Are you saying you booked w day off and got paid nothing for that shift?
In which case speak to boss but maybe you are paid a rate that includes holidays. But it would say this in your contract.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads