Is my mum cruel for saying this to me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
She makes me feel like the boy (well girl) who cried wolf. I’ll admit I cry a lot which is probably strange for a 17-year-old, but I’m depressed and anxious, so until my counselling starts I’m not sure what exactly to do.
Anyway, my mum has said plenty of cruel things to me before, but we’re supposed to be relaxing on holiday right now and go back tomorrow in time for year 13 to start (I’m targeted A*A*A which still isn’t good enough for her, or my dad tbh) and we were about to go out to the beach for the evening.
However, when I was walking out the door she scowled ‘get out’ in the coldest voice in the world and I have no idea why when we were getting along fine 10 minutes earlier. So I said ‘what’s wrong?’ And she went on and on about how selfish I always am which I don’t understand because it seriously came out of no where.
I was so fed up at this point because my older sister was in a foul mood yesterday and refused to leave the apartment, so I went walking to the bedroom then my mum pushed me up against the wall and started swearing in my face and said she’s ashamed of me, when she never, ever swears and certainly doesn’t get physical.
I’m too tired to type every other incident out because as I said, I feel like I try to open up so much that no one believes me anymore. So I’m either going to run away, contact my teacher and tell them I can’t cope around my family anymore or frankly leave this world as it’s becoming unbearable.
Hentac123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If she's had something go wrong in her life then that will mainly be the cause my mom is like that when she has had a drink and I'm doing a level 3 going onto a level 6 uniformed public services and she's been through a lot and it's only when she's had a drink like once or twice a week but I don't get that if your predicted those grades you've done better than 60% of most students anyway so I don't see why she is pissed maybe she has bipolar or some mental health issue coming on, but why is she calling you selfish speak to her ask her why does she think your like that and try and explain why she's wrong i don't get why she would call you that unless you had done something don't be depressed I believe it's not even real you need someone to talk to you and guide you, she sounds snobby though to not be proud of your predicted results unless she's done better or your dad's done better what do they do for jobs why are they like that with you are they like that with your sister you've basically written a list of questions for people because that's what I see your paragraph as questions explain a bit more into it why was your sister in a mood why aren't they proud what do you want to do when you leave school do your mom and dad get on well have they had a bad past and I'll be able to help you some more
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hentac123)
If she's had something go wrong in her life then that will mainly be the cause my mom is like that when she has had a drink and I'm doing a level 3 going onto a level 6 uniformed public services and she's been through a lot and it's only when she's had a drink like once or twice a week but I don't get that if your predicted those grades you've done better than 60% of most students anyway so I don't see why she is pissed maybe she has bipolar or some mental health issue coming on, but why is she calling you selfish speak to her ask her why does she think your like that and try and explain why she's wrong i don't get why she would call you that unless you had done something don't be depressed I believe it's not even real you need someone to talk to you and guide you, she sounds snobby though to not be proud of your predicted results unless she's done better or your dad's done better what do they do for jobs why are they like that with you are they like that with your sister you've basically written a list of questions for people because that's what I see your paragraph as questions explain a bit more into it why was your sister in a mood why aren't they proud what do you want to do when you leave school do your mom and dad get on well have they had a bad past and I'll be able to help you some more
Thank you. She’s been through cancer and found out she recovered recently, which is actually why we’re on holiday - to celebrate. But my sister has been unwilling to go out and I haven’t been sleeping so have been late some days admittedly, so I think she’s mad that the holiday hasn’t been as perfect as she imagined. Her memory has been really patchy recently and I’m worried it might be Alzheimer’s, but I don’t know what to do.
Anonymous #1
SHOOT SORRY I didn’t even put what I meant to when I wrote this post. My mum walked in on me crying after a showering without knocking then said, ‘We’re going out, and I don’t care that you’re crying’, then slammed the door and left.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (286)
55.97%
I don't have everything I need (225)
44.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise