Isobelswallow6
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Possible questions for course work- I’ve chosen the two books ‘oranges are not the only fruit’ and ‘the awakening’.
13Charlotte2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Isobelswallow6)
Possible questions for course work- I’ve chosen the two books ‘oranges are not the only fruit’ and ‘the awakening’.
my tip is to create a statement, and then word the question as an evaluation of that based on a theme. So, with yours, you could have something like "The only way for a woman to challenge her role in society is to leave" in light of this view, evaluate the way the authors of Oranges are not the Only Fruit and The Awakening explore the idea of departure/the role of women. It's been a while since I read The Awakening but since both texts deal with women trying to escape the expectations of the people around them, it might be good to focus on that. Some of the things you can then talk about is actually how Jeanette returns and nothing much has changed, suggesting that there really wasn't much of an influence restricting her, instead it was mainly her own perception, and how in The Awakening, the only escape Edna finds is in death. You could also talk about the different ages of the characters, Edna as a mother has more of a burden on her that she can't lift as easily as Jeanette can. I suppose you could also word it with a focus on rebellion. Hope this helps you with getting some ideas
Isobelswallow6
Rep:
?
This was so so helpful!!! Thankyou so much x
Isobelswallow6
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=13Charlotte2001;90799714]my tip is to create a statement, and then word the question as an evaluation of that based on a theme. So, with yours, you could have something like "The only way for a woman to challenge her role in society is to leave" in light of this view, evaluate the way the authors of Oranges are not the Only Fruit and The Awakening explore the idea of departure/the role of women. It's been a while since I read The Awakening but since both texts deal with women trying to escape the expectations of the people around them, it might be good to focus on that. Some of the things you can then talk about is actually how Jeanette returns and nothing much has changed, suggesting that there really wasn't much of an influence restricting her, instead it was mainly her own perception, and how in The Awakening, the only escape Edna finds is in death. You could also talk about the different ages of the characters, Edna as a mother has more of a burden on her that she can't lift as easily as Jeanette can. I suppose you could also word it with a focus on rebellion. Hope this helps you with getting some ideas
This was so so helpful!!! Thankyou so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (614)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (764)
42%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (361)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.4%

Watched Threads