The Student Room Group

Right person wrong time

so idk how to start this but It has been getting to my head.
me and my gf have been together for 2 years now. like all relationships we have had our ups and downs; we are each others first bf/gf. It strong and going well but its time we go uni. I am going UCL and she is going SOAS so they are literally next to each other so I hope that wont be an issue.

I run 2 business which is a lot of stress on it own but I have to plan everything that I do before hand but she doesnt like that, dates going out etc. She wants it when she wants to. She hates compromising time.

I go on holiday with my parents every summer but she hates me going and wants me next to her all the time because she has some family issues which I understand coz she needs someone to rely to and be there for her.
I go on holidays because my mum is a teacher and she doesn't have Time for any off us so that is the only time she gets to spend time with me and my siblings plus my mum lost her mum at a young age so it means a lot to her and its a crucial time that I cant comprise.

She goes out with her family every weekend and leaves me on read the entire day and goes sleep. so literally I get to speak to her for 5 days a week if thats possible.
When I go on holiday to be with my family is a problem for her plus my mum had a heart attack this year so I need to try and be there for my mum more too but she struggles to understand that and how she needs me aswell etc.

She said that I was the Right person at wrong time coz she is starting a new chapter in her life and that is uni. she believes that she should date 2-3 guys because how would you know what is love and I am the right person for her? which idk how to feel about coz I give her everything that I can give.

She blames me for going on holiday with my parents and leaving her although I am always on contact with her and I feel like a **** hole.
I love her and dont want to go find anyone else.

Idk why she is like this and every time I bring it up to talk about it she gets angry.

we are gonna take a break when uni starts and after 2 weeks come together to see how her mental health is doing coz off family and me stress.

I dont understand the concept of Right person wrong time because ppl grow and change in the relationship and what is the point of dating more guys to see if I am the one or they can be the one for her.

what should I do??
She sounds like she isnt ready for a serious and committed relationship like you already have had, it's definitely time to move on and find someone else that's more mature. People change, especially if you started dating at 16, and a lot of the time people change not in accordance with their partners. I myself broke up with my ex after a year of dating at 18, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Embrace the change.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
She sounds like she isnt ready for a serious and committed relationship like you already have had, it's definitely time to move on and find someone else that's more mature. People change, especially if you started dating at 16, and a lot of the time people change not in accordance with their partners. I myself broke up with my ex after a year of dating at 18, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Embrace the change.

What I dont understand is, I have met her family, they know me, she has never cheated on me or said anything bad or anything like that.
What got into her mind all of a sudden, later she asks if we ended this relationship, would I ever take her back? like her point is yeh I couldnt find someone better than you so you are my best option will you take me back?? like it doesnt make sense. She says that she would take me back but idk if I would
From alot of experiences and relationships and cheating girlfriends and honest girlfriends I can honestly say if she was totally in love with you she wouldn't even speak about other men to you that's supposed to be your wifey and she's supposed to look at you as husband material it sounds like you've been used in your relationship as she knows she has you on a hook and thread because you put your all in and she leaves you on read for those two days you could say I might go on Holiday but when then I text you when you text i don't leave you on read when you love love someone in a way you want to progress and this and that you make it work you don't leave your partner on read so she can see your putting your all in and is taking advantage you could take her on holiday and see what she's like if you want to go the extra mile buy a tracker off ebay £15 small device loads off a GPS signal no Internet but anyway I done that to an ex and she was meeting another man so think why isn't she seeing you on weekends if she's already talking about other men you know when you love someone you feel it in your gut and heart why would she always want you there if shes saying those things think about it
What I dont understand is, I have met her family, they know me, she has never cheated on me or said anything bad or anything like that.
What got into her mind all of a sudden, later she asks if we ended this relationship, would I ever take her back? like her point is yeh I couldnt find someone better than you so you are my best option will you take me back?? like it doesnt make sense. She says that she would take me back but idk if I would

She just probably had a change of needs and personality. Its completely normal at this age, I myself was the girlfriend who no longer wanted a committed relationship right before starting University. Also, people fall out of love sometimes. It's especially common at this age when you change as a person a lot very quickly. I'm really sorry that you're on the receiving end, at least there is some comfort knowing it's not uncommon. I dont suggest taking her back unless its in a few years and you still like her in that amount of time. If her attitude is 'I couldn't find anyone better' then she just wants the comfort of not being alone and you don't owe that to her. In that case, seriously don't take her back.
Reply 5
She just probably had a change of needs and personality. Its completely normal at this age, I myself was the girlfriend who no longer wanted a committed relationship right before starting University. Also, people fall out of love sometimes. It's especially common at this age when you change as a person a lot very quickly. I'm really sorry that you're on the receiving end, at least there is some comfort knowing it's not uncommon. I dont suggest taking her back unless its in a few years and you still like her in that amount of time. If her attitude is 'I couldn't find anyone better' then she just wants the comfort of not being alone and you don't owe that to her. In that case, seriously don't take her back.

I guess so, I have been crying for the past 3 days and idek anymore. my emotions are everywhere coz I never had a thought of having someone else but her.
Reply 6
Original post by Hentac123
From alot of experiences and relationships and cheating girlfriends and honest girlfriends I can honestly say if she was totally in love with you she wouldn't even speak about other men to you that's supposed to be your wifey and she's supposed to look at you as husband material it sounds like you've been used in your relationship as she knows she has you on a hook and thread because you put your all in and she leaves you on read for those two days you could say I might go on Holiday but when then I text you when you text i don't leave you on read when you love love someone in a way you want to progress and this and that you make it work you don't leave your partner on read so she can see your putting your all in and is taking advantage you could take her on holiday and see what she's like if you want to go the extra mile buy a tracker off ebay £15 small device loads off a GPS signal no Internet but anyway I done that to an ex and she was meeting another man so think why isn't she seeing you on weekends if she's already talking about other men you know when you love someone you feel it in your gut and heart why would she always want you there if shes saying those things think about it

her point is, how would she know I am the right one for her? not other men.
I guess so, I have been crying for the past 3 days and idek anymore. my emotions are everywhere coz I never had a thought of having someone else but her.

I'm really sorry about that, I hope you've been confiding with your friends to get some real emotional support. I can tell you though that there is no 'one' for you, there are so many people on this planet and even in your direct environment. This didn't work out, the next relationship will just be very selective and get in to a relationship who wants the same things as you.
I was in a similar situation to you in march. Im also a guy if that helps. But honestly if you really want it to work out, then you have to take a break and just accept being friends. The only difference between my previous relationship and yours is that i knew the girl for a few months whereas yours is a few years. Your problem is that you rushed into dating each other. You also wasn't sure of each others commitments and what you want in life. Now if you cant accept her being your friend and nothing more, then im sorry but you have to cut contact with her completely. This is because shes now (as i write this) going to talk to other guys possibly date a few of them and if you think shes going to be your girl friend in the future then your just going to get more hurt so its best you leave. Its a hard decision but its gonna be the best for both of you. Hope this helps.
tbh I think it is a blessing in disguise. You are both really young and if anything she is behaving very childishly. I was surprised tbh that it wasn't you that broke up with her, as it sounds like she has some growing up to do.

If the relationship is unstable before going to university then it is likely it won't last and even though your universities are close it is very very unlikely you will bump into each other. Also it seems convenient 2 weeks in, as it will be just after freshers and potentially when she has had the opportunity to get off with a load of guys, which no doubt she will deny.

There is a chance you may end up back together, nobody can predict the future but if she is failing to understand the needs you have of spending time with your family on the very little occasions you can, then I'm not sure she is the one.

I don't doubt it is very upsetting, but you will move on and you may meet someone 10x better. Everything happens for a reason. Stay strong man, you've got this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending