The Student Room Group

Help with A- Level choices

I am going into Year 12 this September (2020) and am struggling to finalise my subjects.
I am currently put down for doing Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Latin at A-level, and am looking at this Earth and Planetary Science course at Imperial:
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/courses/details/earth-and-planetary-science-msci/57271230
I have 3 ideas for what I would like to study...
1) [Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Latin] (Current)
2) [Maths, Physics, Chemistry, AS Geology] (Better for knowledge of the course at uni, but drop Latin and half an A-Level in favour of Geology)
3) [Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, AS Geology] (Large workload but I think I could manage (8 9s, 3 8s at GCSE), would be bullied for both Latin and the study of rocks xD)
What's the best option?

If you have read this far, thank you lol - your opinions will be much appreciated
Just remember that you apply to FIVE University courses.
You need to check more Universities than just Imperial for their grade/subject entry requirements for that course.
Ultimately, all of those combos will meet the requirements for the course, so it's really up to you as to what you most fancy! If you want to keep your options open, you might as well start with option 3 and then decide what to drop, but bear in mind it will be a massive workload and you'd be fine even just doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, so do drop if you need to.

Is there any reason why Geology A level isn't an option as if you're looking at Earth Sciences I assume you'd enjoy it (I did Latin and loved it, so I'm not just knocking Latin, just curious :biggrin:). And as said, do make sure your choices would be OK for 4 other courses!
imperial.png
Original post by McGinger
Just remember that you apply to FIVE University courses.
You need to check more Universities than just Imperial for their grade/subject entry requirements for that course.

got it anyways

Quick Reply

Latest