The Student Room Group

(indomie)ciled in cardiff

Scroll to see replies

PRSOM! (I feel like I've been on PRSOM with you for about 4 months xD)

Glad it sounds like things are going well on the whole! I'm really sorry I haven't been replying much, I'll be totally honest I don't read people's GYGs anywhere near as often as I ought to any more and I come up with replies even less :s-smilie: but anyway, I'm really glad it sounds like things are relatively alright
Original post by MidnightSymphony
PRSOM! (I feel like I've been on PRSOM with you for about 4 months xD)

Glad it sounds like things are going well on the whole! I'm really sorry I haven't been replying much, I'll be totally honest I don't read people's GYGs anywhere near as often as I ought to any more and I come up with replies even less :s-smilie: but anyway, I'm really glad it sounds like things are relatively alright

its no worries and thank you :hugs:
Love the title :rofl:
Original post by Vapordave
Love the title :rofl:

thank you!! i give all the credit to sinnoh though :rofl:
please tag me xx and good luck with jan exams!
Original post by pureheroinex
please tag me xx and good luck with jan exams!

will do! and thank you :smile:
Can i be tagged please :biggrin:
Original post by shxttah_x
Can i be tagged please :biggrin:

of course :smile: feel free to tag me in yours too :h:
Original post by absolutelysprout
of course :smile: feel free to tag me in yours too :h:

hey guys, not gonna tag anyone in this post as it'll only be a small update until i find the willpower and time that isn't at a ridiculous time like 4am to put something proper up
also i made cheese hotteok at like 2am because why not and i ended up having a really good conversation with one of my flatmates :rofl:
but anyway, did my exams, they went okay, got 2:1s in all of them so was really pleased :smile: started new modules and this semester counts 10% towards our final grade which is slightly nervewracking but hopefully i've got this!! submitted an essay on cortical areas in cognition last week (biopsych is hard!!) and have a practical report and mental imagery and creativity due next week
just been really busy with work and trying to maintain the friendships i have at the moment as well as all other aspects of independence- feel like i've finally made friends with a group of people who i'm 100% comfortable with so that's been nice :yep:
cardiff had some beautiful weather today (sunny but windy so was lovely!!) so i did like 15km in steps today :laugh: here's a beautiful picture of the sunset today on my walk w my flatmate :awesome:

Spoiler

i really should go to bed goodnight hope you're all are doing ok :heart:
keeping up a gyg is going well isn’t it lol, took a week off tsr as i was just a bit overwhelmed with work but it feels slightly more manageable now
i’m going back home in 2 weeks for the easter holidays kinda mad tbh i feel at home here
anyway my semester 1 exams went ok and I got p good marks on all of them apart from 1 question :colondollar:
my results were:

ps1014 overall module mark: 65
(this also takes into my account my essay on bad psychological research which was done in semester 1)
exam mark: 63
got 58 on question 1 and 68 on question 2
i didn’t enjoy question 1 so wasn’t surprised i got a 2:2 on it as i didn’t know what to say to make my answer longer but still relevant to the question. happy overall w my mark though :woo:

ps1018 overall module mark: 71
research design test: 84
statistics test: 67
research design was multiple choice so the 84 probably doesn’t look as impressive now :rofl:
overall module mark took into account all my practical report marks in semester 1, including a group assignment computing assignment which we got 87 on :biggrin:

ps1016 overall module mark: 71
taking into account my stereotypes essay mark which was done in semester 1
exam mark: 72
for the cognitive heuristics question, i got 68 and then 75 on the DSM-5 question :biggrin: i did not enjoy the dsm-5 question and didn’t expect something like that to come up so was pleasantly surprised to get a first on it :rofl:

i believe that means i got a 2:1 on all my modules?? which is what i wanted :yep:

so since this semester's started, i've handed in an individual practical report on mental imagery and creativity (84) , a group practical report on women's perception of fertility (86) , an essay on cortical areas and cognition (64) and an essay on the role of similarity in categorisation (results not out for this one yet)
i'm enjoying all my modules though i can't say i'm too keen on ps2025, which is biological psychology and individual differences- just find the lecture material a bit dry :laugh: i did enjoy learning about place cells and cortical maps though, it's just a lot of big words which i still don't fully understand!!
ps2026 i've really been enjoying even though the majority of the lectures are pre-recorded, all my lecturers so far for this have been super interesting in the way they talk and they just seem really interested in what they're talking about as well which really helps. ps2020 is about language and memory, the amount of depth we went into w linguistics just gave me a level english flashbacks- most of it's quite interesting but it's a lot to learn about. it's making me overthink the different ways i process my sentences lmao, we've just moved onto memory and there's so much reading for this module :emo:

i've properly settled in this term and i've really enjoyed how it's went so it's gonna be weird going home for a bit- i'll miss my uni friends and the long walks around the big park and trips to big tesco but i'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family back home and my bigger room :awesome: also it's only 3 weeks holiday anyway! this semester's just been filled with work and drinking w friends on the weekends as we're still in lockdown but i have saved a lot of money so it's not all bad :tongue: it's raining here and pretty grim at the moment, i'm missing the sunny weather we had last week (or several weeks ago now??) time is an illusion :dontknow:
hairdressers are opening in wales from tomorrow so i've booked myself a haircut for thursday, getting a lot chopped off so i am rather excited for the dramatic change :jive: need to find an exciting dinner recipe for my next food shop, might do another risotto??
hope you're all doing ok :smile:

Spoiler

keeping up a gyg is going well isn’t it lol, took a week off tsr as i was just a bit overwhelmed with work but it feels slightly more manageable now
i’m going back home in 2 weeks for the easter holidays kinda mad tbh i feel at home here
anyway my semester 1 exams went ok and I got p good marks on all of them apart from 1 question :colondollar:
my results were:

ps1014 overall module mark: 65
(this also takes into my account my essay on bad psychological research which was done in semester 1)
exam mark: 63
got 58 on question 1 and 68 on question 2
i didn’t enjoy question 1 so wasn’t surprised i got a 2:2 on it as i didn’t know what to say to make my answer longer but still relevant to the question. happy overall w my mark though :woo:

ps1018 overall module mark: 71
research design test: 84
statistics test: 67
research design was multiple choice so the 84 probably doesn’t look as impressive now :rofl:
overall module mark took into account all my practical report marks in semester 1, including a group assignment computing assignment which we got 87 on :biggrin:

ps1016 overall module mark: 71
taking into account my stereotypes essay mark which was done in semester 1
exam mark: 72
for the cognitive heuristics question, i got 68 and then 75 on the DSM-5 question :biggrin: i did not enjoy the dsm-5 question and didn’t expect something like that to come up so was pleasantly surprised to get a first on it :rofl:

i believe that means i got a 2:1 on all my modules?? which is what i wanted :yep:

so since this semester's started, i've handed in an individual practical report on mental imagery and creativity (84) , a group practical report on women's perception of fertility (86) , an essay on cortical areas and cognition (64) and an essay on the role of similarity in categorisation (results not out for this one yet)
i'm enjoying all my modules though i can't say i'm too keen on ps2025, which is biological psychology and individual differences- just find the lecture material a bit dry :laugh: i did enjoy learning about place cells and cortical maps though, it's just a lot of big words which i still don't fully understand!!
ps2026 i've really been enjoying even though the majority of the lectures are pre-recorded, all my lecturers so far for this have been super interesting in the way they talk and they just seem really interested in what they're talking about as well which really helps. ps2020 is about language and memory, the amount of depth we went into w linguistics just gave me a level english flashbacks- most of it's quite interesting but it's a lot to learn about. it's making me overthink the different ways i process my sentences lmao, we've just moved onto memory and there's so much reading for this module :emo:

i've properly settled in this term and i've really enjoyed how it's went so it's gonna be weird going home for a bit- i'll miss my uni friends and the long walks around the big park and trips to big tesco but i'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family back home and my bigger room :awesome: also it's only 3 weeks holiday anyway! this semester's just been filled with work and drinking w friends on the weekends as we're still in lockdown but i have saved a lot of money so it's not all bad :tongue: it's raining here and pretty grim at the moment, i'm missing the sunny weather we had last week (or several weeks ago now??) time is an illusion :dontknow:
hairdressers are opening in wales from tomorrow so i've booked myself a haircut for thursday, getting a lot chopped off so i am rather excited for the dramatic change :jive: need to find an exciting dinner recipe for my next food shop, might do another risotto??
hope you're all doing ok :smile:

Spoiler

enjoy your holidays :biggrin:... ive still got 2 more weeks of school :frown:
your doing so well at uni:woo: i'm glad this term has been better despite lockdown and omg trips to big tesco's are the best:gah:
i'm so jealous you can get a haircut, my hair is starting to look like a bowl cut:cry: i hope the hair transformation goes well for you:smile:
have a lovely break:wink:
Reply 93
very noice results

and that's lucky that you can legally get a haircut :frown:
Original post by shxttah_x
enjoy your holidays :biggrin:... ive still got 2 more weeks of school :frown:

thank you :smile:
my term doesn't end till the 26th so i've got a week left! hope you enjoy school :jive:

Original post by Toastiekid
your doing so well at uni:woo: i'm glad this term has been better despite lockdown and omg trips to big tesco's are the best:gah:
i'm so jealous you can get a haircut, my hair is starting to look like a bowl cut:cry: i hope the hair transformation goes well for you:smile:
have a lovely break:wink:

thank youuu :hugs: and yes they are :gah:
i'm so pleased with it :wink: hopefully you'll be able to get a haircut soon!
and you! :wink: :hugs:
thank youuu :hugs: and yes they are :gah:
i'm so pleased with it :wink: hopefully you'll be able to get a haircut soon!
and you! :wink: :hugs:

:hugs:
Original post by Sinnoh
very noice results

and that's lucky that you can legally get a haircut :frown:

sorry i forgot to reply to this :redface:
thank you!
it feels very freeing :jive:
lol maybe a gyg next year isn't a good idea, shame though as i've really enjoyed first year and it would have been nice to look back on things
lol maybe a gyg next year isn't a good idea, shame though as i've really enjoyed first year and it would have been nice to look back on things

:hugs:
results tomorrow, working 5 days this week and i'm already dead from one shift ugh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending