This is the real life, deffo not fantasy - caught in a pandemic & starting university

Watch
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
breakout rooms are always awkward if no one speaks :sadnod: glad to hear you've had an okay week :hugs:
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This all sounds really positive - well done you!!

Love the snake btw

Looking forward to the next update :hugs:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Aaarrgghhh there's more chemistry stuff up on Blakboard already :hide: :bricks:

The group chat for biology sounds like the lectures are pretty hard this week as well :eek3: (the pp slides are 60 slides )
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Had a headache earlier so fell asleep at like 8pm now its 2pm and its gone... I'm not gonna sleep now because suddenly I have a huge motivation to do work :sigh: This is just typical :bebored:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
26/02/2021
Evening all. Today's been a weird day :yep: I spent all day yesterday thinking it was the Wednesday then got confused why today is suddenly Friday :lol: :facepalm:

General life roundup - I had my assessment report back from with the university disability person. They seemed pretty friendly. Turns out I've got a pretty slow processing/reading speed and writing speed which is low compared to other people my age, definite dyspraxia and an extreme likelihood of ASD but I've been recommended to follow this up with the GP . I'm not very surprised after struggling in various areas of academics over the years, but on the plus side I should now be able to get extra time in exams when exams do go back to normal I'll be allowed to do an exam in different room to minimise distractions etc. I'll also be able to get any extensions for deadlines if I need them as well :party: Mentions of more software, and some other stuff like my work being marked not based on perfect grammar (depending on the assignment) were mentioned as well

Aside from that everything good although I've been pretty busy these days :yes: Moving onto the subject roundup.

Subject roundup :danceboy:
Chemistry - officially got 10% towards chemistry now (plus some other %) :woo: I've completed some of the alternative assessments which are basically just easy lab simulations. There's 10% more which consists of a few more quizzes but these are harder. Yesterday I got the due date wrong so I thought the remaining quizzes were due in for today at 2pm but turns out its not due until March 26 :sigh: Luckily the quizzes are 'save and resume' later though so I feel much calmer now knowing its not so urgent! But I think I might have scared some people in my chemistry module's uni group chat because they didn't have a clue what I was talking about :eek4: I've started to make a load of flashcards on Quizlet for the definitions I need to learn, and I'm planning on either doing some posters/flashcards for the equations but I'm not sure which one will work best.

Maths - I've got a maths exam on Tuesday worth 20% :hide: I am slightly terrified for this. I've also started another group project which I need to present a load of data using some software called Minitab I think it is. Everyone in my group seems to be pretty friendly, and no one is nervous of using their mics either which is useful :yep:

Biology - started on the spring term group project which my group needs to do on a disease. Also started making some flashcards which I've started learning. Decided to do these on Quizlet as well because I think there might be too many to handwrite even though I have already made a few handwritten flashcards. I still need to watch 3 more lectures for this week but I'm struggling to understand the lecturer's voice but I'm grateful at least for this week they're reading off the slides and have provided a transcript so I can't really complain

Tags :grouphugs:

Last edited by Chronoscope; 6 days ago
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
good luck for the maths test! and you'll get those lectures done, don't worry :rave:
have a lovely weekend
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I shall aim to send appropriate maths vibes on Tuesday - ask if you need help

Good to hear you are going to get the support you are entitled to :hugs:
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It sounds like things are going well for you, and I’m glad to hear it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.55%
Virtual campus tours/open days (98)
22.9%
Live streaming events (39)
9.11%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (40)
9.35%
A uni comparison tool (98)
22.9%
An in-person event when available (95)
22.2%