Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance 2021-2022

Watch
Physics realm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anoncam000)
Has anyone reached out or heard anything from the Department itself on the status of applications?
I still have not heard anything. I applied in very late November, they say maximum it should take is 12 weeks, which has passed. So I am unsure what this means
Pride of London
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Physics realm)
I still have not heard anything. I applied in very late November, they say maximum it should take is 12 weeks, which has passed. So I am unsure what this means
What is your background?
Kate OY
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I’m Kate from China. Received the “move to GAO” email on 1st March and I’m still waiting for the final result. Super nervous 😭
CAMLSE20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kate OY)
Hi everyone, I’m Kate from China. Received the “move to GAO” email on 1st March and I’m still waiting for the final result. Super nervous 😭
Congratulations! Moving to GAO basically means that you are accepted, so there's no need to be nervous!

Would you mind sharing your background/profile?
Physics realm
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pride of London)
What is your background?
Economics and Geography at a top RG Uni, expected to graduate with a first. Experience in CRE, working for a large advisor for 3 months last year and similar experience the year before.
How about you?
Pride of London
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Physics realm)
Economics and Geography at a top RG Uni, expected to graduate with a first. Experience in CRE, working for a large advisor for 3 months last year and similar experience the year before.
How about you?
Nice! I shared my background in an above post 😊
Pride of London
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What date did you apply?
Kate OY
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CAMLSE20)
Congratulations! Moving to GAO basically means that you are accepted, so there's no need to be nervous!

Would you mind sharing your background/profile?
Thanks for your kindness. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Accounting at a college run by Mainland-HK cooperation, first honor.
Two short internships in investment and bank. Have done some work for real estate investment projects and about personal credit.

My background is not very competitive. Many people here are so excellent!
Kate OY
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pride of London)
What date did you apply?
Mid January
waccib
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for your kindness. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Accounting at a college run by Mainland-HK cooperation, first honor.
Two short internships in investment and bank. Have done some work for real estate investment projects and about personal credit.

My background is not very competitive. Many people here are so excellent!
Congrats Kate!! Your background definitely sounds appropriate/competitive, have confidence!

Hope you get confirmation from GAO and Colleges soon (:
Kate OY
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I misunderstood the email. Sorry for the wrong message. Here’s the updated timeline

1.15 applied. Currently under review by department.

The process is killing me😣. Hope you guys get good news soon.
Kate OY
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by waccib)
Congrats Kate!! Your background definitely sounds appropriate/competitive, have confidence!

Hope you get confirmation from GAO and Colleges soon (:
It’s so nice of you! That’s very cheering, thanks.
But I’m sorry my last post is not correct. Just checked the portal and found it is still under review.

Hope things go well for you
Pride of London
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I misunderstood the email. Sorry for the wrong message. Here’s the updated timeline

1.15 applied. Currently under review by department.

The process is killing me😣. Hope you guys get good news soon.
Don’t worry - that email was very confusing. Hope we get some news soon!
waccib
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s so nice of you! That’s very cheering, thanks.
But I’m sorry my last post is not correct. Just checked the portal and found it is still under review.

Hope things go well for you
Hahaha no worries! Yes hopefully we all get some news soon 😂
skkzy16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, I just checked my portal and my status has moved to PAO. Not sure if this means 100% I secured the offer, does anyone know what's the difference between PAO and GAO?
Pride of London
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by skkzy16)
Hey guys, I just checked my portal and my status has moved to PAO. Not sure if this means 100% I secured the offer, does anyone know what's the difference between PAO and GAO?
Congrats!! It is my understanding that PAO and GAO are the exact same thing - I think you’ll be getting an offer so well done!!
waccib
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats!!! It does mean you've probably secured the offer and they just need to ensure your records (i.e. university, results, etc.) are legitimate and you're not a fraud lol. PAO and GAO are the same, and probably you'll get your conditional/unconditional offer in maybe 2 weeks.

I know the rest are gonna ask about your background but noted you've already posted in the earlier pages that you applied in Nov. Congrats once again!
Last edited by waccib; 3 weeks ago
skkzy16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by waccib)
Congrats!!! It does mean you've probably secured the offer and they just need to ensure your records (i.e. university, results, etc.) are legitimate and you're not a fraud lol. PAO and GAO are the same, and probably you'll get your conditional/unconditional offer in maybe 2 weeks.

I know the rest are gonna ask about your background but noted you've already posted in the earlier pages that you applied in Nov. Congrats once again!
Thanks! I hope this means they are finally giving out offers and hope everyone can hear back from them soon! I'll probably make an update of my entire application progress when I get the official offer.
waccib
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks! I hope this means they are finally giving out offers and hope everyone can hear back from them soon! I'll probably make an update of my entire application progress when I get the official offer.
That'll be great! Thanks so much!!
Bob1983
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can anyone provide insight into college placement for this course? Being a more “professionally-oriented” degree that’s only one year in duration are we more likely to be shunted to what some might consider less desirable colleges (I.e. not King’s, Trinity, Gonville, John’s, Jesus, Christ’s, etc.)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads