A little insecure

Watch
bettinakovacs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there,
I feel like I’m insecure because I have hair extensions and lash extensions. Do you get used to them after a certain time or should I just take them both off?
I love both of them because they are natural and I don’t have to worry about how my hair looks nor to wear mascara.
I feel insecure because I want to me more feminine but can’t really do it because it’s not seen as a quality. I think people in Western Europe tend to care less about how they look and tend to criticise those who do care about their appearance.
I’m torn between taking off my hair/lash extensions because I will not fit in.
Last edited by bettinakovacs; 3 weeks ago
username5358764
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bettinakovacs)
Hi there,
I feel like I’m insecure because I have hair extensions and lash extensions. Do you get used to them after a certain time or should I just take them both off?
I love both of them because they are natural and I don’t have to worry about how my hair looks nor to wear mascara.
I feel insecure because I want to me more feminine but can’t really do it because it’s not seen as a quality. I think people in Western Europe tend to care less about how they look and tend to criticise those who do care about their appearance.
I’m torn between taking off my hair/lash extensions because I will not fit in.
Insecurity does not stem from how you feel about yourself; it comes from what you think people are saying about you, when you have no reason to suggest that they do have that view about you. Hair and lash extensions are perfectly fine; just make sure that they are made of vegan materials, as you do not want to accessorise yourself at the expense of an animal's autonomy, and ultimately their life. You should not feel pressurised to behave in a manner that society dictates you to; we do live in a world with freedom of expression, depending on where you live. If you want to fit in, people will naturally accept you into their friendship groups. If not, that says more about them than it does about you. Yes, not everyone wants to mingle with everyone for specific reasons, but so as long as it is not for spiteful reasons, it can be justified. Nonetheless, everyone fits in somewhere. We are all jigsaw pieces to different parts of society; you just simply have not found the right place for you to truly fit in.
EllaRose12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s okay!you do not need to fit into society,do what you want,you are beautifullll!! 💕😌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
20.97%
No (260)
79.03%

Watched Threads