The Student Room Group

Change of course/taking a while

Hello due to my own idiocy I put the wrong course whilst in a rush in clearing (Politics and international relations instead of politics) and it let me change it online without a form? Then upon realising I go back to change it I then couldn’t do it online so I had to waste time sending a form.

I have been a waiting a while (I submitted this form mid August) and while yes I realise it’s not been six weeks my first rent payment is due on the 25th of September. How long do change of circumstance take? The application details haven’t even changed on my account yet and it’s been a while. I do not want to have it changed and then have to wait another six weeks as I will not have the money to pay for such expenses.....
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ChildCannibalisr
Hello due to my own idiocy I put the wrong course whilst in a rush in clearing (Politics and international relations instead of politics) and it let me change it online without a form? Then upon realising I go back to change it I then couldn’t do it online so I had to waste time sending a form.

I have been a waiting a while (I submitted this form mid August) and while yes I realise it’s not been six weeks my first rent payment is due on the 25th of September. How long do change of circumstance take? The application details haven’t even changed on my account yet and it’s been a while. I do not want to have it changed and then have to wait another six weeks as I will not have the money to pay for such expenses.....

Hi,
Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after submitting the changes, if you are an SFE applicant then you can show your university your previous entitlement letter and ask them to manually confirm your registration so that your funding is released to you without delays even if the changes have not been assessed yet.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi,
Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after submitting the changes, if you are an SFE applicant then you can show your university your previous entitlement letter and ask them to manually confirm your registration so that your funding is released to you without delays even if the changes have not been assessed yet.
Thanks, Isaac

The issue is I never got a letter from SFE when I was accepted only the first time when I applied for the wrong amount. I reapplies after for the full amount however I never got a letter but was accepted.
The issue is I never got a letter from SFE when I was accepted only the first time when I applied for the wrong amount. I reapplies after for the full amount however I never got a letter but was accepted.

If you were never approved previously then you will need to wait for this assessment, it can take up to 6 weeks for assessments at the moment.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
If you were never approved previously then you will need to wait for this assessment, it can take up to 6 weeks for assessments at the moment.
Thanks, Isaac

Isaac you are not helping me or listening. I was approved for my FIRM. I did not get into it so I had to change my application and I picked the wrong course at the uni I’m going to by accident on the online website. I need to know if I’m going to be waiting six weeks for the wrong courseto be accepted and then another six weeks because I sent a paper form in.

As I’ve stated before I was accepted for a loan to Newcastle but I did not get in. However I did not get a letter through my door for it despite it being accepted in the website.

I need to know how to get a letter of approval to prove I was accepted as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Isaac you are not helping me or listening. I was approved for my FIRM. I did not get into it so I had to change my application and I picked the wrong course at the uni I’m going to by accident on the online website. I need to know if I’m going to be waiting six weeks for the wrong courseto be accepted and then another six weeks because I sent a paper form in.

As I’ve stated before I was accepted for a loan to Newcastle but I did not get in. However I did not get a letter through my door for it despite it being accepted in the website.

I need to know how to get a letter of approval to prove I was accepted as well.

Good morning, apologies if you think I am not helping or listening. I am trying my best with the information received. You can also message us on Facebook/Twitter or call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can review your account to give you accurate information.

You will be waiting 6 weeks unless the university manually confirms registration, they can only do this if you were previously approved. You state that you were previously approved so the university should be able to do this.

If you never received an entitlement letter in the post then it should appear in the 'letters and emails' section in your online account.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you require any further information and I hope you have a great weekend :smile:
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending