Psychology A-Level transition prep

Watch this thread
Irresponsiblee
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going into year 12 in a week and wanted to know how to prep for the transition to A-Level psychology since my school didn't have the option of psychology gcse
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Irresponsiblee)
I'm going into year 12 in a week and wanted to know how to prep for the transition to A-Level psychology since my school didn't have the option of psychology gcse
Seneca Learning has a free A-level psychology summer preparation course which follows the AQA specification (content between other exam boards are broadly similar). Hope this helps!
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Irresponsiblee)
Hello, I have an experience of studying A-Level psychology, without studying it at GCSE level. I would say, it is definitely not essential to study psychology at GCSE, but of course it does help . To prepare yourself for the start of the course, you may want to find out what exam board you will be following, and see whether you can access some relevant study resources. Revision guides can be great for beginning to familiarise yourself with the topics, but there are also other study materials you can access for free. For example, you may want to have a look at various psychology websites with great revision material such as: sparknotes, simplypsychology and studywise. YouTube videos and tutorials can also be very helpful, especially if you are looking to expand your general understanding of psychology, or are looking to find out which topics inspire you the most. Here are some interesting Youtube psychology channels you may want to explore: SciShow Psych, The Psych Show. But there are some many others out there! You may also want to try out Khan Academy Psychology, which includes videos going through some of the most popular psychology research studies, which are often covered in A Level Psychology.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or would like any more details about anything.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
41.84%
The paper was reasonable (275)
41.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.06%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.55%

Watched Threads