Do you wear a mask?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In shops, public transport and anywhere else where it is required, but once I step outdoors, I remove my mask and make sure I am more than 6 foot away from others.
dw5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
no. because i don't like to.
That really isn't an excuse to compromise the health of others by possible spreading covid...
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dw5)
That really isn't an excuse to compromise the health of others by possible spreading covid...
i don't care, most people are bound to get covid anyway, sooner or later. if you have health issues that make you more vulnerable to covid then just shop online instead of risking your life.
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope.
Bumble18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I do in enclosed spaces with people I will not have repeated contact with. (Eg I won’t wear one in car with a friend, but I do if I’m going into a takeaway).

People say they can’t breath, but they’ve only tried one or two shapes/fabrics etc! These factors make all the difference.

If everyone was offered £50 to wear one, most would suddenly be free of their reasons of why they can’t wear one. This pandemic has shown the true colours of many.
Last edited by Bumble18; 3 weeks ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
balaclava
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No. I've been lucky enough to be able to avoid contact with people outside of my household entirely.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Only when it is required by law.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wear them in shops and in crowded places, it’s no great hardship as far as I am concerned
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wear them in shops and at university and public transport, because it's required there. I tend to avoid crowded places of people who are strangers to me.
I'm not going to pretend I'm doing it to protect myself from a virus which 'could kill me' because I never wore one for all the other viruses that could kill me either, and won't do so in the future either. I guess I do it for the sake of others, and for the sake of avoiding the hassle and stares if I didn't wear one.
Like above, I don't find it a hardship to ask one where asked, but I'm looking forward to the days of not wearing them. I can't lip read or see people's facial expressions and am finding that difficult to deal with.
FV75
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, in the places where it is compulsory, because I have a strong sense of social responsibility and duty to others which over-rides any physical discomfort (I'm allergic to elastic) and social difficulties (I lip read quite a lot in noisy environments, and I hate that people cannot see me smiling at them).
Last edited by FV75; 3 weeks ago
FV75
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ramipril)
I'm not going to pretend I'm doing it to protect myself from a virus which 'could kill me' because I never wore one for all the other viruses that could kill me either
Masks are not intended to protect you from getting covid (unless you're wearing a medical grade mask). They are to reduce the risk of you spreading covid to others.
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On the train and in shops yeah but elsewhere no
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yep. I think I’m in the minority who think (some) masks are actually super cool. Like black masks look nice on people lol.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah I wear mine in public generally now and will likely keep doing so.
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i don't care, most people are bound to get covid anyway, sooner or later. if you have health issues that make you more vulnerable to covid then just shop online instead of risking your life.
This is a really bad and insensitive take. Imagine telling people to lock themselves away for however long it takes to make a vaccine just so people like you can mess about. It’s normally the same people who can’t handle two weeks isolation telling vulnerable people to just “stay inside” as well. Interesting.
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Alternatively: if you don’t want to wear a mask, shop online.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MadameRazz)
This is a really bad and insensitive take. Imagine telling people to lock themselves away for however long it takes to make a vaccine just so people like you can mess about. It’s normally the same people who can’t handle two weeks isolation telling vulnerable people to just “stay inside” as well. Interesting.
(Original post by MadameRazz)
Alternatively: if you don’t want to wear a mask, shop online.
lol, it's been nearly a year. people need to get over covid. some patients still have limited/no access to health care/mental healthcare because of this shitshow. the lockdown is causing more misery and deaths than covid itself thanks to our now wrecked economy and no proper healthcare.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I do, but I've only been out twice since March for medical appointments. Although most of mine are still phone/video at the moment.
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FV75)
Masks are not intended to protect you from getting covid (unless you're wearing a medical grade mask). They are to reduce the risk of you spreading covid to others.
I know. That's why I said I'm not pretending and also why I said I wear it for the benefits of others.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.52%
No (310)
78.48%

Watched Threads