Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MadameRazz)
i can assure you it’s not that. but i am very doubtful you’d be saying these things if you’d lost someone close to you. people lack empathy in this world and sadly it takes having to experience something horrible for them to change their mind.
you can't 'assure me it's not that'. less than 0.1% of the world population has died from covid.
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
you can't 'assure me it's not that'. less than 0.1% of the world population has died from covid.
ignored the rest of the post? i’m not shocked.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MadameRazz)
ignored the rest of the post? i’m not shocked.
it wouldn't change my mind. more people die from cancer and diabetes and you don't see most people freaking out and changing their *****y lifestyles.
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it wouldn't change my mind. more people die from cancer and diabetes and you don't see most people freaking out and changing their *****y lifestyles.
i feel immense pity for people like you.
Bumble18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
covid clearly isn't going away. wearing masks is pointless. the lockdown was pointless, too. it didn't do ****. we didn't do any better than countries w/o lockdowns
Do you wear a seatbelt when you are in the car?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bumble18)
Do you wear a seatbelt when you are in the car?
i prefer not to but usually my bf makes me.. 🙄
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cba, unless the business staff are proper adament. Even then I just pull the old I got asthma trick and as a backup for those seriously adament Karen's I keep a mask in the pocket.

For sure it's annoying when you get questioned about why you're not wearing a mask, but when you find a loophole you may as well abuse it.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I use a scarf in enclosed spaces like shops / the bank etc, but in the UK most people put on their face covering as they're walking into the shop and then remove it once they've left. I don't in a park or walking the dog etc.
Bumble18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i prefer not to but usually my bf makes me.. 🙄
So you don’t see them as relevant?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So you don’t see them as relevant?
it's not that, i just don't really give a ****.
koorgan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i quite like wearing masks lol
Bumble18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it's not that, i just don't really give a ****.
Quite evident you care about no one else. MadameRazz I really wouldn’t bother arguing with him/her.
Last edited by Bumble18; 3 weeks ago
dw5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i don't care, most people are bound to get covid anyway, sooner or later. if you have health issues that make you more vulnerable to covid then just shop online instead of risking your life.
wow, you're not going to wear a mask and instead try to actively spread the virus. Have you heard of the long-term effects of covid? How covid antibodies are temporary? How viruses mutate? You are forcing people to hide away because you don't want to wear a bit of material on your face - that is really selfish but... you 'don't care'.
dw5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
Cba, unless the business staff are proper adament. Even then I just pull the old I got asthma trick and as a backup for those seriously adament Karen's I keep a mask in the pocket.

For sure it's annoying when you get questioned about why you're not wearing a mask, but when you find a loophole you may as well abuse it.
That's right - abuse the system because you're too concerned over a piece of cloth than a ****ing virus! If only there was a loophole for drink driving... ye it risks lives but so does not wearing a mask.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When I go to the grocery store, yes. I have a chronic cough and I obviously do not want to get anyone sick.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dw5)
That's right - abuse the system because you're too concerned over a piece of cloth than a ****ing virus! If only there was a loophole for drink driving... ye it risks lives but so does not wearing a mask.
I doubt that insulting those not wearing masks ( however stupid it may be ) is doing much good.
Bumble18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
I doubt that insulting those not wearing masks ( however stupid it may be ) is doing much good.
Speaking to them nicely doesn’t do much good either! I think the the comment is fair, gets the point across and isn’t abusive. He/she has a point.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Speaking to them nicely doesn’t do much good either! I think the the comment is fair, gets the point across and isn’t abusive. He/she has a point.
Seems a bit harsh, there are nicer ways to have put it.
Most people's opinions on masks are set in stone at this point. You either care or you dont. Throwing around harsh language will only further drive that person's opinion, the constructive thing to do is attempt to educate people on why you should wear masks and then its up to them.
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In shops yes, other times no.
Bumble18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Seems a bit harsh, there are nicer ways to have put it.
Most people's opinions on masks are set in stone at this point. You either care or you dont. Throwing around harsh language will only further drive that person's opinion, the constructive thing to do is attempt to educate people on why you should wear masks and then its up to them.
There are probably 110 nicer ways it could have been put, but at this point in time, a lot of people are extremely fed up of these individuals. One swear word is not a big deal.

There is no educating those who do not want to learn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.52%
No (310)
78.48%

Watched Threads