Report 3 weeks ago
I wear a scarf in shops and that's it.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it wouldn't change my mind. more people die from cancer and diabetes and you don't see most people freaking out and changing their *****y lifestyles.
Just because it's new and people panic easily. It can be argued a lockdown is worse than the virus.
Anonymusy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you can't breathe in a mask it will kill you quicker than corona
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
If you can't breathe in a mask it will kill you quicker than corona
Its a bit stuffy but it most definitely should not hinder your ability to breathe.
You need to visit your GP if it is becoming a problem for you.
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by King Doughnut)
If not, why?

I wear one around my supermarket, I see many others who do the same, but one or two do not. Some simply can't be asked to wear one and some finds it hard to breathe. I would rather not wear one, but I can't afford a fine of £100.
I'm going to stop wearing one and have seen a lot of people start to do the same. I actually have a reason not to but I found that the people standing at the door in some places shouting at me and me having to shout back and the anxiety of that happening is just as bad. Wearing one is just increasing the chance of me getting the virus after having to constantly touch and adjust it i.e. touching unwashed trolley handles and basket handles in shops (which the virus actually lives on) and then touching my face

I think it's insane that the government restrictions continue to decimate the majority of the working and middle-classes jobs, businesses, livelihoods and pensions. To allow the country to aquire a debt that future generations will need to break their back working their whole life just to live a fraction of the life the previous generation did, all for a virus which is literally "killing" a couple of people who are aged above the average life expectancy per day
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'm not telling them to lock themselves away. it's perfectly safe for them to be in open spaces like the beach, national parks etc. but why put yourself at risk and shop at supermarkets when you can get your stuff delivered?
I'm not arguing with you. My point is that everything in life carries a risk and everyone needs to decide if the risk is worth it. Some people clearly intend to spend the rest of their lives in isolation because obviously they think being exposed to covid-19 is the most dangerous thing on this planet. Other people (more at risk) have accepted the risk and get on with their lives and go out. I've seen so many rather frail looking older people out and about who don't even bother to wear their facemasks properly. Honestly (putting the poor wearing of facemasks aside) if they've just decided to carry on living their lives the best they can even with the rampant coronaphobia around, good for them. It's not like covid-19 is actually going away anytime soon and I'm sure they are more aware than anyone of all the millions of other things that exist that could kill them or make them sick. Shopping might be the only social interaction they get. I'm not even old and I still enjoy going out for a physical food shop.

Believe me, I'm on your side when it comes to the view that some people's mentality around this has spiralled out of control.
Last edited by Ramipril; 3 weeks ago
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pathway)
I mean we were encouraged to speak with our doctors to make the best decisions for us. Shielding was only guidance. Not mandatory. You didn't have to shield if you didn't feel like it was necessary for you after speaking with people involved in your care (some people didn't even do that, they just didn't do it).
Yeah but with pretty much everything else covid-19 related, the fear factor and need to be told what to do like a flock of sheep has taken over any common sense.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wear a mask whenever I go out since January 25. I am from HK. I have enough masks to last till 2021.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alex282)
all for a virus which is literally "killing" a couple of people who are aged above the average life expectancy per day
Sorry I just skimmed this, is this some edgelord claim that the virus isn't real? As it is.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dw5)
wow, you're not going to wear a mask and instead try to actively spread the virus. Have you heard of the long-term effects of covid? How covid antibodies are temporary? How viruses mutate? You are forcing people to hide away because you don't want to wear a bit of material on your face - that is really selfish but... you 'don't care'.
guess what, nearly 20k people died of the flu last year, and about 70k due to diabetes, and i don't see anyone panicking. if you want to live in fear for the next 5 years or so then do it and let other people enjoy their freedom

I'm going to stop wearing one and have seen a lot of people start to do the same. I actually have a reason not to but I found that the people standing at the door in some places shouting at me and me having to shout back and the anxiety of that happening is just as bad. Wearing one is just increasing the chance of me getting the virus after having to constantly touch and adjust it i.e. touching unwashed trolley handles and basket handles in shops (which the virus actually lives on) and then touching my face

I think it's insane that the government restrictions continue to decimate the majority of the working and middle-classes jobs, businesses, livelihoods and pensions. To allow the country to aquire a debt that future generations will need to break their back working their whole life just to live a fraction of the life the previous generation did, all for a virus which is literally "killing" a couple of people who are aged above the average life expectancy per day
because most boomers are selfish af. they don't care about our economy, it's not like they have a lot of time left.

(Original post by Ramipril)
I'm not arguing with you. My point is that everything in life carries a risk and everyone needs to decide if the risk is worth it. Some people clearly intend to spend the rest of their lives in isolation because obviously they think being exposed to covid-19 is the most dangerous thing on this planet. Other people (more at risk) have accepted the risk and get on with their lives and go out. I've seen so many rather frail looking older people out and about who don't even bother to wear their facemasks properly. Honestly (putting the poor wearing of facemasks aside) if they've just decided to carry on living their lives the best they can even with the rampant coronaphobia around, good for them. It's not like covid-19 is actually going away anytime soon and I'm sure they are more aware than anyone of all the millions of other things that exist that could kill them or make them sick. Shopping might be the only social interaction they get. I'm not even old and I still enjoy going out for a physical food shop.

Believe me, I'm on your side when it comes to the view that some people's mentality around this has spiralled out of control.
yeah, it's ridiculous at this point
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trouble is, how do you differentiate between people making a logical and reasonable objection to masks ect, and those that are just trying to be edgy while ignorant? :confused:
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dw5)
That's right - abuse the system because you're too concerned over a piece of cloth than a ****ing virus! If only there was a loophole for drink driving... ye it risks lives but so does not wearing a mask.
You definitely haven't grown up with fraudsters and shotters as friends. In my town if you see a loophole it becomes curtesy to abuse it 😂
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Trouble is, how do you differentiate between people making a logical and reasonable objection to masks ect, and those that are just trying to be edgy while ignorant? :confused:
Save yourself the hassle and worry about something else. There are people who deny covid-19 exists, whether they actually believe that or are trying to get a rise out of people, they don't care and their views/behaviours probably won't be changed. This year has been **** enough without bringing unecessary nonsense upon yourself.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ramipril)
Save yourself the hassle and worry about something else. There are people who deny covid-19 exists, whether they actually believe that or are trying to get a rise out of people, they don't care and their views/behaviours probably won't be changed. This year has been **** enough without bringing unecessary nonsense upon yourself.
TBH I just assume they're all at it. And that anyone with genuine worries would be less of an arse about it in general.

My local shop has got a bit more hardline over the last weeks and the feeling seems to be that an exemption from wearing a mask is trumped by the stores right to refuse service.
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Sorry I just skimmed this, is this some edgelord claim that the virus isn't real? As it is.
I'm not saying it's not real I'm just saying obliterating the economy into a financial holocaust for something not much worse than the flu is madness
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sleeping with your head under the cover has a strong link to dementia as documented by studies over time, i.e. covering your face with a mask has the exact same effect

I'm sure the experts will over to say "ThErE iS nO evidence to suggest that breathing in CO2 and toxins has any adverse health effects becuz no1 got it after wearing a mask for a couple of weeks"
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why is not wearing a face covering considered selfish? Can someone explain?
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Why is not wearing a face covering considered selfish? Can someone explain?
Because they aren't allowing the government to control them and wear something which is detrimental to their own health for no reason, or stop them from supporting small businesses. They want them bankrupt so the bigger ones can take over and create a monopoly. Also if you keep buying masks then you support the secret handshake deals where taxpayers money is used to make mask factories and certain people rich over the next couple of years
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not saying it's not real I'm just saying obliterating the economy into a financial holocaust for something not much worse than the flu is madness
Honestly I think that depends where you've been standing. It wiped out maybe 30% of a care home near me in a few weeks, I've never in my life seen a flu do that and I can't mentally put them on the same label.

There will always need to be a balance between safety and exposure, but I personally feel the half assed deceitful way the UK acted at the start of this is exactly why we need to face tougher measures now.

Because they aren't allowing the government to control them and wear something which is detrimental to their own health for no reason, or stop them from supporting small businesses. They want them bankrupt so the bigger ones can take over and create a monopoly. Also if you keep buying masks then you support the secret handshake deals where taxpayers money is used to make mask factories and certain people rich over the next couple of years
You forgot 5g and Epstein.
PeachyMilk
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes in shops, enclosed spaces and on buses, however when Im walking around I do not wear a mask
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (84)
21.37%
No (309)
78.63%

Watched Threads