EU student / Passport certified copy - certifier checklist

Watch this thread
mrIgz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello SFE,

I am just going to go ahead and copy the message I asked elsewhere since you seem to be one of the most knowledgeable members of the SFE team out there..

[[ I would like to ask a very important question about my passport certified copy. I am a Czech national. I went to two "very official" places this morning. 1) The town hall (they said they ABSOLUTELY CANNOT copy passports or any other form of official ID and refused to sign anything. They told me to go to a notarisation office (a lawyer) 2) At the lawyers office I was asked to write a statement in both Czech and English "The copy and the original documents are identical" + today's date and my signature. The lawyer placed an official sticker on it and put two round stamps and her signature on it. She also issued a receipt with THEIR name & address, MY name & address, their telephone number and email address and, again, stamped and signed off. (basically the information is exactly the same as required by the CERTIFIER CHECKLIST). However, they CANNOT and WILL NOT sign the CERTIFIER CHECKLIST itself.

IF I enclose the information found on the receipt and the stamped copy of my ID along with my application, will this be enough? They cannot fill in the certifier checklist in the Czech republic, apparently. ]]

What should I do?

Thank you

Igor
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mrIgz)
Hello SFE,

I am just going to go ahead and copy the message I asked elsewhere since you seem to be one of the most knowledgeable members of the SFE team out there..

[[ I would like to ask a very important question about my passport certified copy. I am a Czech national. I went to two "very official" places this morning. 1) The town hall (they said they ABSOLUTELY CANNOT copy passports or any other form of official ID and refused to sign anything. They told me to go to a notarisation office (a lawyer) 2) At the lawyers office I was asked to write a statement in both Czech and English "The copy and the original documents are identical" + today's date and my signature. The lawyer placed an official sticker on it and put two round stamps and her signature on it. She also issued a receipt with THEIR name & address, MY name & address, their telephone number and email address and, again, stamped and signed off. (basically the information is exactly the same as required by the CERTIFIER CHECKLIST). However, they CANNOT and WILL NOT sign the CERTIFIER CHECKLIST itself.

IF I enclose the information found on the receipt and the stamped copy of my ID along with my application, will this be enough? They cannot fill in the certifier checklist in the Czech republic, apparently. ]]

What should I do?

Thank you

Igor
Hi Igor, the certifier form is optional. As long as the document is certified then we can accept this without the form.

A certified copy is a clear photocopy of an original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official.

To be valid the following details must be provided either on the certifier checklist or on the same page as the Identity evidence;

The certifiers full name (Must not be a relative)
The certifiers signature (Must be in ink)
The date of the certification (Must be dated within the last 90 days and prior to form being received)
The certifiers job title (Must be an acceptable occupation)
The certifiers work address
An official stamp
All pages of the Identity evidence, including the certifier checklist if provided must show the same official stamp
Both sides of the National ID card must be visible
The Passport number must not be redacted or obscured

If they don't provide any signature then it won't be acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (64)
15.72%
The paper was reasonable (200)
49.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (101)
24.82%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.32%

Watched Threads