The Student Room Group

Best laptop for medical school.

I will be starting this year and I am considering getting a Macbook Air 2020. But it is quite expensive. Are their any laptops you would recommend for medical students?
Also I am considering not getting an ipad. I have seen a lot of people online go paperless and I don't know if I want to do that. Is having an ipad beneficial for medical school?
A MacBook Air will cost anywhere from double to triple a Windows machine with the same specs, it is far from a necessary purchase. A decent Windows laptop for £500-£600 will have all the power you need for a medical degree and still get you good build quality in a thin & light form factor.
Original post by scienceyyy
I will be starting this year and I am considering getting a Macbook Air 2020. But it is quite expensive. Are their any laptops you would recommend for medical students?
Also I am considering not getting an ipad. I have seen a lot of people online go paperless and I don't know if I want to do that. Is having an ipad beneficial for medical school?

Go paperless as far as is possible as practicable. Paper comes from trees, and ultimately, the more paper we use, the more trees we destroy. This not only contributes to an increase in carbon emissions, but it destroys the habitat of any animals that lived there previously. If you need to use paper, use recycled paper. With regards to a laptop, all you need a device at university for is to write up lecture notes, complete assignments and do research. The only applications on my device that I use for university are Word, OneNote and Ecosia (search engine). I have the Galaxy Tab S5e with a keyboard attachment, and it works wonders! The cost of the tab itself was £329, and the keyboard attachment was £119. I bought this last year, and since the S7 tab has been released, the price of the S5e is probably reduced now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending