Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I did Law with Politics first year at Lancaster however have decided to switch to Politics and IR and want to take a history minor for second year but not sure if this is an option
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You will need to speak with your uni about whether it is possible. Most universities in the UK don't even have "minors" so it really is fairly unique to Lancaster and a couple specific degrees elsewhere.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I did Law with Politics first year at Lancaster however have decided to switch to Politics and IR and want to take a history minor for second year but not sure if this is an option
Hi @Anonymous#1,

The minor system, as far as I know, is only for the first year of study. If you have changed your degree to Politics and IR, are you starting the first year or this degree, or are you starting your second year?

I'd recommend that you get in contact with your department regarding this. It well may be that there are specific modules that are history-related, which may suit you, or other ways that you can build this into your degree.

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (47)
15.02%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (101)
32.27%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.63%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.43%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25.24%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.96%

Watched Threads