Have your say: Grow your Grades prizes for 2021

Watch
Poll: Grow your Grades prizes for 2021
One big prize at the end of the year (28)
38.89%
A smaller prize for the winner, regular other prizes and competitions (44)
61.11%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Hi everybody, :wavey:

We are really excited to be kicking off our Grow your Grades competition once again!!!

BUT, we need your help!

For the last few years we have given out a brand new MacBook as our top prize. We do this as we think it is a great prize to give to students who are looking to carry on their academic journey. However, it's been a few years since we last sense checked if this was the kind of prize you would like!

We wanted to gather your opinions on what kind of prizes you guys would like to see. We have two main options that I've added in the poll, but please feel free to discuss in the thread below as well. Would you guys like one big prize for the main winner at the end, like a MacBook, or would you like a slightly smaller main prize so that we can offer a few different prizes along the way?

Just to let you guys know, we will take all the opinions into account but the final decision has yet to be made. We just want to get your guys input

Please let us know what type of prizes would interest you and get you to start and continue your blog, and if you would prefer smaller prizes or one big prize.

Good luck on the year ahead !
Advertisement
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Big prize: £100 million pounds

or

Small prizes: Be owner of TSR for a day for 365 winners :mwuaha:
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Getoutamaswamp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is such a difficult question!

I do think though managing to start a GYG and reach the end whilst regularly updating is a huge task and many people drop out along the way so the winner should definitely be rewarded accordingly.

However, small regular prizes sound like a such great idea to maintain motivation for others.

We need both options available lol
Advertisement
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it would be nice to have awards for things other than just "best blog of the whole year" like... idk, "most unique" has been suggested, maybe one for best academic comeback (since this is called 'grow your grades' after all).
A Macbook would be lovely but I'm quite happy with my current laptop anyway so that isn't a big motivator for me.
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The macbook sounds great but I agree that smaller prizes every so often may be nice- sometimes it is hard to post over a long period of time!
Advertisement
TheBritishKoala
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Agreed, on needing a mixture of the two - I know from previous years how easy it is to lose motivation along the way especially when it's an important/hectic year for you.

Mini prizes would be good but maybe keep a medium-ish prize for an overall winner right at the very end?
Tergelmaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

We are really excited to be kicking off our Grow your Grades competition once again!!!

BUT, we need your help!

For the last few years we have given out a brand new MacBook as our top prize. We do this as we think it is a great prize to give to students who are looking to carry on their academic journey. However, it's been a few years since we last sense checked if this was the kind of prize you would like!

We wanted to gather your opinions on what kind of prizes you guys would like to see. We have two main options that I've added in the poll, but please feel free to discuss in the thread below as well. Would you guys like one big prize for the main winner at the end, like a MacBook, or would you like a slightly smaller main prize so that we can offer a few different prizes along the way?

Just to let you guys know, we will take all the opinions into account but the final decision has yet to be made. We just want to get your guys input

Please let us know what type of prizes would interest you and get you to start and continue your blog, and if you would prefer smaller prizes or one big prize.

Good luck on the year ahead ! small one pls

(Original post by ecolier)
Big prize: £100 million pounds

or

Small prizes: Be owner of TSR for a day for 365 winners :mwuaha:
Advertisement
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tergelmaa)
(Original post by Evil Homer)

BUT, we need your help!

Good luck on the year ahead ! small one pls
I think you just meant to type "small one pls" but you copied in the whole post somehow?
Tergelmaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
I think you just meant to type "small one pls" but you copied in the whole post somehow?
i want one big prize
Advertisement
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A gift card would work well. Or a nice box of chocolates, or bottle of wine etc. Even a makeup set would not go amiss either. Books are always appreciated too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (185)
29.04%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (105)
16.48%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.11%
I want to meet current students (53)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
8.01%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.97%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.14%

Watched Threads