The Student Room Group

year 12...ive already forgotten some GCSE stuff :(

right so its the day before school, I'm going into yr 12
and I'm just looking at my physics textbook and I've realised I've forgotten a lot of stuff ): i stg i legit thought i wont forget it -_- smh

so now I'm frantically revising everything I've forgotten lmao how did i forget it aha

anyone else? ):
I've heard u have to be 100% solid with GCSE content before a-levels....is that true? or do u think ill be ok
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by vix.xvi
and I'm just looking at my physics textbook and I've realised I've forgotten a lot of stuff ): i legit thought i wont forget it -_-

so now I'm frantically revising everything I've forgotten lmao how did i forget it aha

anyone else? ):
I've heard u have to be 100% solid with GCSE content before a-levels....is that true? or do u think ill be ok

I think if you quickly go over your revision guide for topics like waves and electricity you'll be fine. These are the main ones you need to know for AS and forces will be covered in detail in class, I think. I checked my textbook and the forces topics at Alevel are just a recap from GCSE plus a bit more stuff so you'll be fine. :smile:
(obvs I haven't started sixth form yet but I hope it helps)
Original post by vix.xvi
and I'm just looking at my physics textbook and I've realised I've forgotten a lot of stuff ): i stg i legit thought i wont forget it -_- smh

anyone else? ):

lol I have forgotten a lot of gcse content and I'm off to university
Original post by Humairazaman
I think if you quickly go over your revision guide for topics like waves and electricity you'll be fine. These are the main ones you need to know for AS and forces will be covered in detail in class, I think. I checked my textbook and the forces topics at Alevel are just a recap from GCSE plus a bit more stuff so you'll be fine. :smile:
(obvs I haven't started sixth form yet but I hope it helps)

ok thanks so much will do
Original post by royalty1702
lol I have forgotten a lot of gcse content and I'm off to university

lol i guess u dont need to know gcse stuff at uni
😂I have forgotten everything from my GCSE’s so I’m hoping I should be okay with very little knowledge.
Original post by vix.xvi
lol i guess u dont need to know gcse stuff at uni

that's true

You just need a functional brain
Original post by Cheesecake04
😂I have forgotten everything from my GCSE’s so I’m hoping I should be okay with very little knowledge.

aha ok good luck!
Original post by vix.xvi
aha ok good luck!

Thank you and you too.
Most teachers will ease you in quite nicely, so don't worry too much. Or, well, don't stress yourself out revising a tonne of GCSE stuff, because most teachers expect yr12s to have forgotten a fair bit over the summer. You're better off being well-rested, coherent and engaged. Good luck!
Original post by OCorOOC6337
Most teachers will ease you in quite nicely, so don't worry too much. Or, well, don't stress yourself out revising a tonne of GCSE stuff, because most teachers expect yr12s to have forgotten a fair bit over the summer. You're better off being well-rested, coherent and engaged. Good luck!

ahh ok
i think ill take the rest of the evening off then...i was gonna revise more stuff haha ill just do some more stuff tomoz
thanks for ur reply
Honestly don’t even worry. You clearly did well enough to do the GCSE. Teachers won’t be expecting you to know everything, and I certainly wasn’t 100% solid on my GCSE content before a levels (I’m not doing sciences though).
Original post by Ellam-j1017
Honestly don’t even worry. You clearly did well enough to do the GCSE. Teachers won’t be expecting you to know everything, and I certainly wasn’t 100% solid on my GCSE content before a levels (I’m not doing sciences though).

okk thanks! (:
Original post by Ellam-j1017

okk thanks! (:

Quick Reply

Latest