djbannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I thought I would open up a (early) discussion about the 2021 entry into the STP, specifically the cancer genomics programme.

If there is any advice anyone can give, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2:2 in Biological Sciences, and an MSc in Cancer Biology and Therapeutics (distinction).

I have 2 years experience working at the NHS 111 service, talking to and dealing with a variety of patients (mental health, palliative care, cancer patients, etc).

I have 5 months experience in an NHS laboratory (blood and transplant testing lab) and am currently working in the University research labs.

I also have other minor experiences which may be useful, such as president of a sports club at University and team leader experience.

I understand this is an extremely competitive programme to be accepted on to, so any advice on what I can do between now and when the applications open would be very helpful!

Looking forward to any tips!
Dan
Oye94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m planning on applying for cancer genomicsand genomics as well.

I currently work at an nhs genetics lab, I have a 2.1 in biochemistry and a merit in molecular genetics.

I applied in 2016 and got an interview but sadly didn’t score high enough.

I’m hoping now with more experience I can get Place for 2021.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.57%
No (320)
78.43%

Watched Threads