Learn Direct Access to HE - unit 2 help!

Watch
ellielou97
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone! I've just recently started my access to higher education course with Learn Direct as I want to go to university to study nursing (I'm currently a HCA on a stroke unit). I've just got onto question two of Unit 2 and it's asking me to evaluate my personal learning strengths and weaknesses in relation to a learning theory. The trouble is, I can't really see how my strengths and weakness relate to any of the theories... I did the Honey and Mumford Learning Styles questionnaire but my results showed that I was a Reflector, and my strengths and weaknesses don't really show that at all. I'm so totally stuck! Like I can do all the science and psychology units and things like that, but when it comes to the "simple" stuff I just find it totally impossible!
Sarahmickey
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
I've started with learn direct. I'm currently on unit 1 question 6! I'm actually finding this unit a little difficult.

How did you find unit 1?
X
acoley0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am also stuck on this!!! What did you end up writing about. I've noticed a lot of people have struggled with this
sarahleighx3
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Did you manage it ok? i'm on unit two and stuck!
tammyw1990
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I am also on unit 2, I am finding my weakness strategies difficult, as silly as it sounds.
Cherisse88
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thank god I have found you all. I am currently studying access to nursing unit 2 and I am crying with frustration. Is there a Forum we can all join to help each other?
sarahleighx3
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cherisse88)
Thank god I have found you all. I am currently studying access to nursing unit 2 and I am crying with frustration. Is there a Forum we can all join to help each other?
how bad is it? my unit2 is due in 8days and I'm still stuck!
enja lim
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
if you do find a forum please let me know too. Im as stuck as everyone else right now haha
Cherisse88
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by sarahleighx3)
how bad is it? my unit2 is due in 8days and I'm still stuck!
did you manage to get it done?
sarahleighx3
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cherisse88)
did you manage to get it done?
I'm just typing out Q4 as we speak. Its horrendous! I dont even have time to submit a draft first so going in blind.
Cherisse88
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I'm just typing out Q4 as we speak. Its horrendous! I dont even have time to submit a draft first so going in blind.
If you need some help private message me xx
sarahleighx3
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by tammyw1990)
I am also on unit 2, I am finding my weakness strategies difficult, as silly as it sounds.
It helped me to look at the Honey & Mumford strengths and weaknesses first to figure out which applied to my learning style. Hope this helps
Lianne2021
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
hi i've just started the access to nursing course and im stuck on unit 2 and would like some help and advise as im dyslexic and find it difficult to understand what to do
kamile08
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lianne2021)
hi i've just started the access to nursing course and im stuck on unit 2 and would like some help and advise as im dyslexic and find it difficult to understand what to do
i am also in the same boat who are you with at the moment? I'm with Stonebridge and i don't find their feedback that helpful
gemgirl23
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Yes unit 2 was a pain
Lianne2021
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by kamile08)
i am also in the same boat who are you with at the moment? I'm with Stonebridge and i don't find their feedback that helpful
im doing my course through learndirect
JoJo Galore
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Did you manage it ok? i'm on unit two and stuck!
I’m on unit 1 and stuck before I start !!!! Did you guys upload evidence for this Unit ? I’m useless with computers 😳
Also how did you do your table /chart for this ?
HagMako
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by JoJo Galore)
I’m on unit 1 and stuck before I start !!!! Did you guys upload evidence for this Unit ? I’m useless with computers 😳
Also how did you do your table /chart for this ?
I just looked at three different universities and Harvard referenced them using cite this for me. and with the chart I done it using pages (4 by however many questions) the top I put the names of the unis and going down the column the questions I had. hope I haven't complicated it more for you... unit 2 sounds so simple but it mind numbing and frustrating.
JoJo Galore
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by HagMako)
I just looked at three different universities and Harvard referenced them using cite this for me. and with the chart I done it using pages (4 by however many questions) the top I put the names of the unis and going down the column the questions I had. hope I haven't complicated it more for you... unit 2 sounds so simple but it mind numbing and frustrating.
Thank you so much !!! I’m worrying myself about it already 😳
HagMako
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MarinaBBB)
Hi Cherisse88. May I ask you for a help too please. I stuck with unit 2 too xx
hi marinaBBB you private messaged me but for some reason im not able to reply back privately. what is it you needed help with?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.44%
Okay (114)
29.08%
A bit lacking (149)
38.01%
Not good at all (92)
23.47%

Watched Threads