Very lost on what to do in university

Watch
TheFrostbyte26
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Really not sure on what course to do in university. Going to year 13 next week got AAB on results in Maths,Physics and Chemistry (B). Got 2490 in the UCAT.
Thought about doing medicine but it doesn't seem like its for me would appreciate if i could pointed in the right direction.Maybe I should do engineering?
Mike Harriot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by TheFrostbyte26)
Really not sure on what course to do in university. Going to year 13 next week got AAB on results in Maths,Physics and Chemistry (B). Got 2490 in the UCAT.
Thought about doing medicine but it doesn't seem like its for me would appreciate if i could pointed in the right direction.Maybe I should do engineering?
If you're not sure about doing medicine, don't do medicine.
Parziva1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm in a sort of similar problem.

But key thing is not to worry

Spoiler:
Show
Stuck between Computer Science & Electronic engineering
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi TheFrostbyte26 if you enjoy the subjects you're currently studying you may be interested in the engineering route.

There's courses like Civil engineering, Electrical and Electronic engineering, Cybernetics and even Computer engineering, Computer science and other courses

You can have a look at University Subject pages to see what courses catch your interest. Greenwich has a list of subjects here so you can view a wide range of courses and see what you're interested in

Also check out Prospects as they have a really good career planner which allows you to check what careers could be suited to you which in turn tells you what to study at university to reach that career.

Hope this helps - Good luck picking what you want to do!
Abmnk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Dig deep in your heart and find what you love most, when you think of what you should do? What comes to mind as something you really can't do without in your life?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Do you have any interest in engineering?
NurseCarol
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Take a gap year. None of us on this website, no one in your close friends or even family can point you in the right direction. You need to find somewhere to go yourself. But if it doesnt sound like you can do that for yourself yet, fret not, because its very normal, and you dont need to go to uni yet (or at all). Take a gap year. Take 2 gaps years. Whatever it takes to figure out what you want. But definitely dont start doing a course that you arent sure about, because you will figure out what you actually want to do halfway through, and will have incurred unnecessary student debt/wasted time at uni. Don't put pressure on yourself to find the right answer now, and dont look to others to hand you their goal on a plate and make you a puppet of their dreams. Take all the time you need. Good luck OP (think of it as a fantastic chance to get some work experience somewhere, which in and of itself can help you figure out what if any course you want to do, and looks great on your CV). We believe in you xx
Last edited by NurseCarol; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads