The Student Room Group

psychology or teaching degree with nqt

i want to be a teacher in the future should i do a course at newmans 'teaching 5-11 with qts and degree' or a psychology degree and do a pcge after.
Original post by ucasguy17
i want to be a teacher in the future should i do a course at newmans 'teaching 5-11 with qts and degree' or a psychology degree and do a pcge after.

if you've no doubts then you would get to be a teacher quicker but doing psychology would give you a back up plan at least.
Original post by ucasguy17

Hello @ucasguy17

There are currently no financial incentives to complete a post graduate teacher training course in Primary stage teaching, so there would some financial sense in avoiding post-grad study.

As psychology isn't a subject taught withing the primary sector, that wouldn't be the best choice of degree to do prior to a teacher training course. Something like Eng, Maths or Science, History, Geography, Art. Music or languages would help you to make a stronger application.

Hope this helps!

Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending