The Student Room Group

EPQ help

My EPQ is due next week and I am barely halfway through but we had a lack of help throughout the year and it is proving to be quite difficult. I want to do really well but I feel my essay is poor/average any tips?
Original post by plsdontignoreme
My EPQ is due next week and I am barely halfway through but we had a lack of help throughout the year and it is proving to be quite difficult. I want to do really well but I feel my essay is poor/average any tips?

Asking a week before seems a little last minute.
How long have you had to work on it?
Get an extension.
You will have to gauge whether its decent or rubbish.
If its poor, then can you change it enough to get a good grade? Do you need a particular grade for an offer reduction?

If I knew it was a very poor essay I would consider whether I was going to hand it in at all.

If its average, then dont forget you have to do proofing.

I would read it carefully and look at the title to make sure it was being answered and then the structure of the essay to make sure it covered the relevant areas.

I would then read each section and redraft if needed to make sure the writing was concise and on point and to make sure I provided plenty of analysis with use of evidence.

I would slowly rewrite each section (maybe you need to finish the first draft at the moment.

I would then check my evaluation and conclusion linked into what |I had already written , and provided valid insight into the question asked.

You wont have much more time than to do that, then tidy it up.
Hi,
I completed the EPQ and recently got my grade.

A big tip: you can write the worst essay ever as long as you have documented the journey and how you struggled and overcome the problem you will still get an A/A*
Just make sure you have an updated diary or journal. The essay just needs to be completed it doesn't matter whether it's rubbish or a work of art.

Hope that helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending