Driving license delayed

Watch
vivkulh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anyone who passed the driving test post lockdown received the driving license yet.

I passed on 4th Aug and had to apply for license by post as I had my address changed but I haven't received it yet (after one month). I was wondering is it just because I applied by post or everyone is finding it the same.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by vivkulh)
Has anyone who passed the driving test post lockdown received the driving license yet.

I passed on 4th Aug and had to apply for license by post as I had my address changed but I haven't received it yet (after one month). I was wondering is it just because I applied by post or everyone is finding it the same.
Expect it to take another month or 2 before it arrives
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

DVLA only recently began processing physical documents and applications. They have a huge backlog at the moment, and social distancing in the office means fewer members of staff.
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There is a significant delay in processing applications due to the pandemic. Less staff in offices and a backlog that's set to last for at least the next 6 months minimum.

If you're an essential worker there was a way of requesting your paper application be dealt with sooner. It involved writing in/emailing a certain office specifically but I dunno if it's still an option nowadays.

Rest assured though that you are still able to drive even if your licence hasn't arrived as amended.
vivkulh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks people, I am just not able to wait. I need it to be able to hire a car.
Asked here as having a good time estimate from someone who recently passed the driving test will help me keep patience.
So let us keep this thread on, for future reference as I didn't find it anywhere else and it seems important.
vivkulh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
To inform you guys, today (7 Sept) I got the news that the driving license has been issued. It is after I passed the driving test on 4th Aug and applied for it by post as my address had changed. So, they are trying their best even during so much backlog.
I hope I will get this week
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To inform you guys, today (7 Sept) I got the news that the driving license has been issued. It is after I passed the driving test on 4th Aug and applied for it by post as my address had changed. So, they are trying their best even during so much backlog.
I hope I will get this week
Change of addresses are still done manually, but if you surrender the licence after the test it is an automated system which prints a new card and posts it off, so they aren’t delayed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.59%
Less motivated (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads