The Student Room Group

BM5 / BM6 Medicine Southampton Deferred Entry 2021

Scroll to see replies

We haven’t really studied since March .. hope I have not forgotten how to take notes etc
Reply 41
Original post by violetblue253
Yeahh same. I wouldn’t even be thinking about doing the UCAT if my firm was as lenient about summer exams as Southampton and other med schools. But idk if I’ll do it I might as well focus on revision. Is anyone here from London btw?

North London!!
Original post by jgs1
North London!!

I’m from north London as well🤣 Are you on BM6?
Also for the people doing the summer exams do you guys know what they mean by submitting another UCAS application? Do we need another ps?
Also for the people doing the summer exams do you guys know what they mean by submitting another UCAS application? Do we need another ps?

I am going to use the same ps and I will get my sixth form to give me references etc
Reply 45
I’m from north London as well🤣 Are you on BM6?

No, BM5
Hi guys,

Is it certain that our offers are deferred to September 2021 entry even if we sit the Summer 2021 exams?
Like sure sure sure?
Original post by Bilaaaal
Hi guys,

Is it certain that our offers are deferred to September 2021 entry even if we sit the Summer 2021 exams?
Like sure sure sure?

well im pretty sure its a conditional offer so you'd get the place if you get the grades you need?
Original post by bluemedic25
well im pretty sure its a conditional offer so you'd get the place if you get the grades you need?

Yes, but does anyone have a clear confirmation email from Southampton about this?

Also, for all those who have been deferred, what is your status on UCAS?
Yes, but does anyone have a clear confirmation email from Southampton about this?

Also, for all those who have been deferred, what is your status on UCAS?

Hi I’m doing the summer exams as well and I emailed them yesterday, this was their response if it’s a bit useful to your question.
I’ve attached a ss of the email
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi I’m doing the summer exams as well and I emailed them yesterday, this was their response if it’s a bit useful to your question.
I’ve attached a ss of the email

Thank you!
It’s just that my insurance choice have confirmed that they will not honour my offer if I sit the Summer exams. They said it is because that’s what’s been agreed between UCAS and medical schools.
Thank you!
It’s just that my insurance choice have confirmed that they will not honour my offer if I sit the Summer exams. They said it is because that’s what’s been agreed between UCAS and medical schools.

No problem and yeah same my firm said they want me to sit the autumn exams (which I don’t want to do) or they won’t honour my offer if I do the summer exams. But other med schools are allowing the ppl with offers to choose between the autumn and summer exams. And I cba to argue with them so I’m focused on Southampton. If you’re still worried just email the admissions team x
Has anyone else got a deferred entry for BM5 without having to take any resits?
Original post by Tsruser123456

yep. i'm trying to be positive about a gap year but i live in a tiny town so its practically impossible to find a job here, and with everything happening right now its hard to find things to do and stay productive :frown:
No problem and yeah same my firm said they want me to sit the autumn exams (which I don’t want to do) or they won’t honour my offer if I do the summer exams. But other med schools are allowing the ppl with offers to choose between the autumn and summer exams. And I cba to argue with them so I’m focused on Southampton. If you’re still worried just email the admissions team x

I did and they have confirmed they will accept the Summer exams
I did and they have confirmed they will accept the Summer exams

that's great! good luck!! :smile:
yep. i'm trying to be positive about a gap year but i live in a tiny town so its practically impossible to find a job here, and with everything happening right now its hard to find things to do and stay productive :frown:

Don’t think your alone! I’m stacking shelves in Waitrose ( not my dream for a gap year) thought I’d do extra shifts save money but today told us cutting hours. I’ve got NOTHING else lined up. Jobs are difficult to find indeed.
Original post by Tsruser123456

Yes me
that's great! good luck!! :smile:

Thank you, to you too!
Hi Guys,

I am a private candidate and I did not receive any grades last month. My BM6 offer has also been deferred to 2021 entry. I was already on a gap year last year.

I'm in the same boat, so don't worry, i think there's a fair amount of people like us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending