The Student Room Group

Do Antidepressants wear off?

Hey, so im currently on Fluoxetine. During the day I feel fine, not happy but I guess I don't have random mood crashes. Then as soon as its the end of the day, my mood completely plummets.
Do antidepressants wear off by the end of the day?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so im currently on Fluoxetine. During the day I feel fine, not happy but I guess I don't have random mood crashes. Then as soon as its the end of the day, my mood completely plummets.
Do antidepressants wear off by the end of the day?

All drugs have a half-life but fluoxetine has a really really long one. That's why people sometimes switch to it to taper off antidepressants. Have you tried taking it at night to see if that helps?
Mood often decreases the more tired you are and this is amplified by having depression, maybe try taking the antidepressants at a different time if you are concerned with them wearing off
depends on the half life. The first week I took fluoxetine I kept feeling as though i was wearing of at the end of the day, bu that was probably more psychosomatic on my part. When I was tapering off i though, it was months before I dipped

Quick Reply

Latest