The Student Room Group

Unsure if I’m being slightly controlled?

Hi I’m in a long distance relationship. My bf is quite secretive. Like when we first started dating he told me he lived somewhere which is half an hour away from where he actually lives, which is fair enough he didn’t know me then. However it’s been over 4 months now and we’re only just about to meet next week. But I think I’m getting manipulated a little. Everytime we argue when he is in the wrong for something he has done I end up apologising because he makes me feel like it’s my fault. I found he had another relationship when I first got with him and I said you lied to me and you cheated on them with me. He basically got so angry he smashed his tv a little and I ended up paying for it because he said if it hadn’t had been brought up he wouldn’t have done it? Even though he lied about having anyone else. Yeah I stayed with him because he said he didn’t think we were serious back then and being online I understood and he promised there isn’t and hasn’t been anyone since we got serious. Anyway he has my address because he said he wants to send cute things but when I asked for his he said no and changed the subject? (Yes he’s real we talk on sc and I have all his socials). But every time we argue I get blamed when it’s usually something he has done. I don’t know how to address this with him.
This guy is successfully manipulating you and you haven't even met him yet. Do yourself a favour and end it with him now. It'll be harder to break things off once you've met in person. If you attempt to continue with this relationship it's fated to end very badly.
This sounds pretty toxic, especially making you pay for a television HE broke!
You could try talking about it and how it makes you feel, but honestly... I think you should get out. He doesn't sound like a nice guy.
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
This guy is successfully manipulating you and you haven't even met him yet. Do yourself a favour and end it with him now. It'll be harder to break things off once you've met in person. If you attempt to continue with this relationship it's fated to end very badly.

Yeah thank you I’m just lucky I’ve woken up to ti

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending