L3 Apprentice in suppport teaching and learning - AM I GETTING SCREWED HERE?

Watch
Recardo21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So Im qualfied as a L2 Ta, currently doing my L3 I end in May however if i get my remaing observarions and units done i can be done easy nov, dec. Thing is i feel like im getting ****ed over by my school i explained i could finish early to the head and asked is there any poisitions available for me after i finish my L3 as ive worked there for 2 and a half years and he said we have to see if there are any positions avaialable in the future. Like wtf this is ******** am i getting ****ed over big time or am i just going crazy.

Also I was planning to go uni so if they are ****ing me over should I apply for uni now or when i finish my L3, thanks!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Recardo21)
So Im qualfied as a L2 Ta, currently doing my L3 I end in May however if i get my remaing observarions and units done i can be done easy nov, dec. Thing is i feel like im getting ****ed over by my school i explained i could finish early to the head and asked is there any poisitions available for me after i finish my L3 as ive worked there for 2 and a half years and he said we have to see if there are any positions avaialable in the future. Like wtf this is ******** am i getting ****ed over big time or am i just going crazy.

Also I was planning to go uni so if they are ****ing me over should I apply for uni now or when i finish my L3, thanks!
you'll need to check whether the level 3 course you have done would be accepted by universities.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

I'd apply for uni now, as there may be disruption that means you can't finish in November as you hope to. Do bear in mind that the return to school is likely to be stressful for a lot of staff and their first priority will be the students, not you.

WRT your head, the school will know how many TAs they need/can fund at the start of the year, and will have filled these vacancies for the school year in advance. Vacancies will only come up mid year if someone leaves or a new pupil with an EHCP joins the school. So I don't think you're being screwed over, but the head could have explained this to you. You would have been better to ask in the summer term, although I know that's not helpful to you now.
LucyannJohnsson
Badges: 4
Report 3 weeks ago

I truly hope you don’t support any child with English. I get this is a forum but it is still sailing to the edge of illiteracy...
Last edited by LucyannJohnsson; 3 weeks ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

With regards to you being screwed over.... no,your boss literally said he would see if there was a position available. They can’t give you what they don’t have-nor are they obliged to give you it because you’ve completed l3...
Recardo21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LucyannJohnsson)
I truly hope you don’t support any child with English. I get this is a forum but it is still sailing to the edge of illiteracy
Haha so funny didn't know this was a place for trolling, will keep that in mind thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (63)
21.58%
No (229)
78.42%

Watched Threads