Can you live comfortably off £15-18 an hour?

Watch this thread
Veortox
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As the title says.
Last edited by Veortox; 1 year ago
HackableYou
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Guess it depends what you feel is comfortable
Veortox
Rep:
8-10
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Depends on individual circumstances , for me personally i'd need more
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
probably means 8-10 hours a day don't see why you'd assume weekly
Veortox
Rep:
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
probably means 8-10 hours a day don't see why you'd assume weekly
Nah mate i should've clarified, they only want me in 2 hours a day. 1 hour work and 1 hour break
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Veortox)
Nah mate i should've clarified, they only want me in 2 hours a day. 1 hour work and 1 hour break
If you're financially independent that's nowhere near enough.
Veortox
Rep:
(Original post by Vapordave)
If you're financially independent that's nowhere near enough.
So you're telling me i can't live off £30 a day?
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
since ur 17 and still presumably living with your parents have no major expenses so for the time being thats great, now you just gotta find out what to do with the rest of your time (part-time etc)
vapordave
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So you're telling me i can't live off £30 a day?
Alone? No.
Also its £30 a day on weekdays, right?
Desideri
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you worked 10 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, for £15 an hour, you’d be earning £7800 a year or £650 a month.

You may be able to survive on that just about, but it would be a struggle. You’d be living in a room in a shared flat and wouldn’t have much money left after rent, bills and food.
Veortox
Rep:
(Original post by Vapordave)
Alone? No.
Also its £30 a day on weekdays, right?
I was taking the piss mate 8-10 hours a day who would hire someone to work 2 hours a day
username3477548
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
do u live w/ ur parents
do u hv to pay rent
Desideri
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I was taking the piss mate 8-10 hours a day who would hire someone to work 2 hours a day
I’ve seen jobs advertised for 2 hours a day. I’ve never looked at electrician jobs, but things like after school clubs, cleaners, some maintenance/caretaker jobs are 2 hours a day or 8-10 hours a week. Retail can be 8-10 hours a week.

If you want people to help you, taking the piss isn’t going to help you get good answers.
Veortox
Rep:
(Original post by vix.xvi)
do u live w/ ur parents
do u hv to pay rent
Currently living with my parents not paying rent
sarahlmao
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Currently living with my parents not paying rent
Then it’s pretty gucci
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
living rent free, yeah its alright. If you have bills and stuff then no chance
lesgo21
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
As the title says.
yes easily, working 10 hours yields £180 a day, £900 a week and over 3.6k a month and around 46k a year

assuming you are only working for 5 days
Last edited by lesgo21; 3 months ago
sofiava1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Its depend on comfortable capacity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.77%
The paper was reasonable (129)
36.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
29.38%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
14.41%

Watched Threads