Kaps126
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can i go to university if i choose to do 3 btecs?
My college is saying that i can’t because universities won’t accept me?
CrystalRose17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kaps126)
Can i go to university if i choose to do 3 btecs?
My college is saying that i can’t because universities won’t accept me?
Yes you definitely can go to university with a BTech, just not all universities accept BTech and it depends on what do you want to do in university for example if you want to do medicine or dentistry then you cant go with a btech but if you want to do biomed ,physio,or many other courses do accept btech but you should get the grades as well if you only get PPP or pass merit then you cant.

To conclude you can get in the university but its little more difficult then the persons with a levels .
Kaps126
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrystalRose17)
Yes you definitely can go to university with a BTech, just not all universities accept BTech and it depends on what do you want to do in university for example if you want to do medicine or dentistry then you cant go with a btech but if you want to do biomed ,physio,or many other courses do accept btech but you should get the grades as well if you only get PPP or pass merit then you cant.

To conclude you can get in the university but its little more difficult then the persons with a levels .
i wanted to study psychology with criminology or criminology in university. In my first year of btec crim i got a grade B but i’m not sure what that’s equivalent to in the D/M/P Category.
CrystalRose17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i wanted to study psychology with criminology or criminology in university. In my first year of btec crim i got a grade B but i’m not sure what that’s equivalent to in the D/M/P Category.
Ok, that's interesting. So you already have done btec in year one? btech criminology sorry but never heard of that and mostly btechs are graded in pass/merit /distinction .B it should be the same as merit this is a good grade. My friend who also studies btech applied science with me she wants to study psychology in uni. They are many good unis who accept btech for your course for example.

Royal holloway london university wants D*DD in btech social care or applied science extended diploma.
Kaps126
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrystalRose17)
Ok, that's interesting. So you already have done btec in year one? btech criminology sorry but never heard of that and mostly btechs are graded in pass/merit /distinction .B it should be the same as merit this is a good grade. My friend who also studies btech applied science with me she wants to study psychology in uni. They are many good
unis who accept btech for your course for example.

Royal holloway london university wants D*DD in btech social care or applied science extended diploma.
Yes i have also it’s called an applied criminology level 3 btec course which is equivalent to one alevel.
What is applied science like? is it interesting, hard?
I’ll look into uni’s who accept btecs i live in nottingham so i wouldn’t want to go too far out for uni.
CrystalRose17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes i have also it’s called an applied criminology level 3 btec course which is equivalent to one alevel.
What is applied science like? is it interesting, hard?
I’ll look into uni’s who accept btecs i live in nottingham so i wouldn’t want to go too far out for uni.
Hi there wow your course sounds interesting does it have an extended diploma like as you said you finished your first year with a B are continuing in the second year now?If its only one a level then its not enough ,the course iam doing is for two years .Its consists of biology ,chemistry and physics ,half is assessed by assignments and half by exams ..I just finished the first year now going in the second year and its worth 3 a levels .If you want you can progress into the second year of your course or do another btech for one year .Like there is a btech applied science foundation diploma for one year which is worth 2 a levels when you finish.
for more information for my course you can click on .
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...xtendedDiploma

as they are different options you can choose from
there is certificate,foundation diploma,diploma and extended diploma .Each has a little difference in the amount of content and it has different worth in terms of ucas points from certificate to being the minimum i think (i dint remember clearly ) its half a level ansd extended diploma being the maximum worth 3 a levels .

Nottingham trent university offers psychology and criminology bsc and they accept btech extended diploma with DDM or 128 ucas points combined your qualifications so it would be worth checking how much ucas points your qualification is worth it you can go on the exam board website of your qualification and they usually have tables showing which grade /how many ucas points is worth.
You can check how many points is your B worth and then accordingly do a course from which you can get enough ucas points .

I hope this has helped you if you have any other question and i can help just let me know.
Its also worth emailing the university and ask them as they can provide more accurate information and advice then me.
Kaps126
Rep:
?
Yes i’m going into year 2 to do the second year alongside this course i chose to do another btec ( psychology ) and English lit but i chose these for my second year as i dropped out my year1 subjects so i’ll be at college for another 2 years:/. I hateeee exams with a passion my anxiety could nevaaaaaa which is why i did wnat to choose 3 btecs but they said no. So i guess i’ll have to make it work. Also thankyou so much i’ll have a look into that and try calculate my points!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.63%
No (192)
78.37%

Watched Threads