The Student Room Group

Uni or drama skool?

I'm undecided whether to go to uni or drama skool! I supposed i wanna go to uni for the partying, social life, meeting ppl, having fun! but studying drama's not good at uni rite? well u tell me wot u think! I wanna be an actress! but cos of how the social life sounds like at uni, im sometimes tempted to go to uni for the fun and even study a course such as psychology! tell me wot u think cos im really confused rite now! n i kno the forms need to be sent of soon! rsvp asap cheers! :wink:
Reply 1
admittedly, i know little about the subject tbh, but i know that you can do drama at some highly regarded unis such as manchester, warwick and, i think, bristol.
Reply 2
EffingKrazy
I'm undecided whether to go to uni or drama skool! I supposed i wanna go to uni for the partying, social life, meeting ppl, having fun! but studying drama's not good at uni rite? well u tell me wot u think! I wanna be an actress! but cos of how the social life sounds like at uni, im sometimes tempted to go to uni for the fun and even study a course such as psychology! tell me wot u think cos im really confused rite now! n i kno the forms need to be sent of soon! rsvp asap cheers! :wink:

i've got a couple of friends at drama school and it sounds to me like the social life is just as good if not better! especially if you're in london.

my friend applied to uni last year, deferring her places to start 06. she applied for english/english and drama - i can't remember all her choices but her top is cardiff. then this year she's taken a gap year to do some travelling but also to apply to drama school (she had to apply end of november and her auditions are in february) if she gets into drama school she'll go there - if not, she'll go to a very good uni. and will haev a year's work experience and travelling under her belt! i think it's a very sensible plan.

Latest

Trending

Trending