lxxz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I am in the midst of deciding my 3rd A-Level option and I am questioning if English Literature is the right subject for me. I received levels 9 in both English Literature and Language but I feel as though Language seems rather dull and uninteresting. Should I just pick English Literature because I was good at it? I liked English Literature at GCSE level but many people have warned me it is rather different at A-Level.

I have already chosen Biology and Psychology to hopefully pursue a career in clinical psychology. Recently, I've been told Sociology would be a better fit for my career path however, my sister tells me that I should keep my subject choices wider in case I change my mind.

Many people have told me that English Literature is a more respected A-Level regarding University applications and that it is a much for facilitating subject compared to Sociology, which is considered a 'soft' and easier subject.

To anyone who does English Literature at A-Level, is the workload too much? Is the subject enjoyable?
speedwagon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lxxz)
Hi, I am in the midst of deciding my 3rd A-Level option and I am questioning if English Literature is the right subject for me. I received levels 9 in both English Literature and Language but I feel as though Language seems rather dull and uninteresting. Should I just pick English Literature because I was good at it? I liked English Literature at GCSE level but many people have warned me it is rather different at A-Level.

I have already chosen Biology and Psychology to hopefully pursue a career in clinical psychology. Recently, I've been told Sociology would be a better fit for my career path however, my sister tells me that I should keep my subject choices wider in case I change my mind.

Many people have told me that English Literature is a more respected A-Level regarding University applications and that it is a much for facilitating subject compared to Sociology, which is considered a 'soft' and easier subject.

To anyone who does English Literature at A-Level, is the workload too much? Is the subject enjoyable?
If you enjoy lit more and you’re good at it, definitely pick lit! I wish I did at A-Levels
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Definitely do lit if you want to, all A-levels are harder than the GCSEs however I found english lit had the smallest jump. If you enjoyed it at GCSE you will at A-level- my class really enjoyed it. It is difficult but a great subject and facilitating so great for applications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.4%

Watched Threads