Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I’m currently going into year 12 and I know that I want to get into accounting for numerous reasons. My uncle is a chartered accountant and also runs his own firm. So he essentially inspired me to work towards becoming a chartered accountant.

I wanted to get into an apprenticeship with big 4 preferably EY or PWC but any will do. I am doing 3 A levels being maths, economics and accounting.

Has anybody here gone through the apprenticeship system for the big 4? Or even the top 20 or so?

If so I would appreciate some advice and tips on essentially when to apply and what to do. What’s the best way for me to get in?

Thanks
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
So I’m currently going into year 12 and I know that I want to get into accounting for numerous reasons. My uncle is a chartered accountant and also runs his own firm. So he essentially inspired me to work towards becoming a chartered accountant.

I wanted to get into an apprenticeship with big 4 preferably EY or PWC but any will do. I am doing 3 A levels being maths, economics and accounting.

Has anybody here gone through the apprenticeship system for the big 4? Or even the top 20 or so?

If so I would appreciate some advice and tips on essentially when to apply and what to do. What’s the best way for me to get in?

Thanks
Hey there :hi:
Have moved your thread into apprenticeships and alternatives to university so you get some more responses :yes:
Cheese :bump:
BGLIO
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am going through the process right now, even though currently opportunities are looking minimal. I’ve already been rejected by Aviva after a numerical reasoning test where I scored 82 out of 100, which to be fair I thought was ok but clearly others must of scored much higher. I’d say keep an open eye over summer, and don’t be afraid to reach out through emails enquiring about when positions will open if it’s not clearly stated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.57%
No (309)
78.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed