Dodgy people sending friend request on Facebook?

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just made Facebook recently for uni as I have heard that it is useful to have in order to find out upcoming events and meet people. Some guy in his 40s who is married and has no mutual friends sent me a friend request.

Do things like this often happen? Or am I just unlucky?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Women get it more than guys, If you don't know someone and have no interest in knowing them, ignore it.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Women get it more than guys, If you don't know someone and have no interest in knowing them, ignore it.
How do these people even find me on Facebook if we don't go to same uni or live in same city let alone have mutual friends? Some other guy who lives in Pakistan sent me a friend request, it makes no sense.
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 1 month ago
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yep it's very common if you're decent looking. ****ing creeps know no boundaries. often it's not only old guys but guys from india or like nigeria, too.
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very common. Just delete the request
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I'm a man and this happens to me, just keep blocking them until it stops. Also you can make it so only friends of friends can send you friend requests
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
yep it's very common if you're decent looking. ****ing creeps know no boundaries. often it's not only old guys but guys from india or like nigeria, too.
All the guys seem to be from Pakistan one looks around my age while the other 2 are old enough to be my dad.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
All the guys seem to be from Pakistan one looks around my age while the other 2 are old enough to be my dad. I just ignored their requests I don't know what they would want from me. My profile picture is just me in a normal jumper holding my pet rabbit I wouldn't say that I am particularly good looking.
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't use Facebook that much now but I sometimes used to get friend requests from random people I'd never met before. Best to just ignore & delete their request.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
19.23%
I'm not sure (2)
3.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (15)
28.85%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.85%
I'm not a current university student (23)
44.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed