Khalifa_Taurus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DragonWrite)
I don't have much to update unfortunately :/ My biometrics appointment was midday on Aug. 21st and the email I received like yours said "On 3 Sep 2020 the Home Office advised this office that the status of your CAS ... is now USED." I received an email yesterday telling me about how my biometrics card will be delivered in UK (which might be a good sign on the visa decision?), but nothing explicitly about my Visa status or when I'll receive it/get my passport back (and the tracking number they gave me for my passport hasn't been used/updated yet). I'll let you know when I have further updates!

If I'm counting correctly, it's been 14 working days since my appointment. If I'm applying from outside of the UK, do you know if it's the visa/global partner I would contact or the UK border agency?

Keeping fingers crossed that we all get our Visas in time!
Not sure if this helps but when I got my visa the attached letter was dated the 4th of Sept and I only got the email that my passport was ready for collection on the 9th. So maybe yours is already done (as implied by the email indicating that you CAS was used) but they’re taking time getting it back to the visa office?
swgamer4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DragonWrite)
I don't have much to update unfortunately :/ My biometrics appointment was midday on Aug. 21st and the email I received like yours said "On 3 Sep 2020 the Home Office advised this office that the status of your CAS ... is now USED." I received an email yesterday telling me about how my biometrics card will be delivered in UK (which might be a good sign on the visa decision?), but nothing explicitly about my Visa status or when I'll receive it/get my passport back (and the tracking number they gave me for my passport hasn't been used/updated yet). I'll let you know when I have further updates!

If I'm counting correctly, it's been 14 working days since my appointment. If I'm applying from outside of the UK, do you know if it's the visa/global partner I would contact or the UK border agency?

Keeping fingers crossed that we all get our Visas in time!
UK border theres a hotline and email which will cost you like 5pounds per enquiry.
MayJuly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Update: I've just received a message from VFS confirming that my visa has been approved and mailed out to me. Hope you all receive your passport back within 15 working days.
DragonWrite
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Khalifa_Taurus)
Not sure if this helps but when I got my visa the attached letter was dated the 4th of Sept and I only got the email that my passport was ready for collection on the 9th. So maybe yours is already done (as implied by the email indicating that you CAS was used) but they’re taking time getting it back to the visa office?
Thank you so much for letting me know! It was encouraging to hear that things were likely further along than I thought. I think you're right and maybe there was a delay with hearing back from/getting it back from the visa office. I received a message late yesterday from VFS and hopefully will be able to get my passport/visa today! In total, it took 15 working days for me to get it back (and from Aug 21st to late on Sept. 10th to hear back) -- just in time for my flight next week! Best of luck to everyone; I hope you all receive your visas in time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (68)
22.08%
No (240)
77.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise