The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Official University of Birmingham 2021 applicant chat

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Birmingham for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, my names Molly (big fan of Always Sunny in Philadelphia). I'm looking to study music at Birmingham. I'm currently studying Music, English Lit and History. Anyone interested in studying music also? :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hi :wavey: I am Becca
-I am planning to apply to Civil and Railway Engineering
-I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography at Alevel

And I am also planning to apply to Loughborough, Nottingham and Newcastle :smile:
Original post by charlieday1
Hi all, my names Molly (big fan of Always Sunny in Philadelphia). I'm looking to study music at Birmingham. I'm currently studying Music, English Lit and History. Anyone interested in studying music also? :smile:

Hi @charlieday1,

Great to hear you're considering us, have you visited Birmingham before?

If you have any questions about the Music programme just give me a shout, I'd be happy to help!

- Molly :biggrin:
Hi!
I'm applying for biology and i currently study biology, chemistry and maths and i did a spanish AS.
Original post by UoB - Arts and Law
Hi @charlieday1,

Great to hear you're considering us, have you visited Birmingham before?

If you have any questions about the Music programme just give me a shout, I'd be happy to help!

- Molly :biggrin:

Hi Molly, Just a quick question, are students able to do instrumental lessons on their main instrument at Birmingham as part of the uni cost? I know some unis I've seen offer free instrumental lessons alongside it. And no I haven't been able to see Birmingham yet as I made the decision of it during lockdown.
Reply 6
Hi, I’m considering studying maths at birmingham. I’m currently studying maths, further maths, biology and chemistry
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by charlieday1
Hi Molly, Just a quick question, are students able to do instrumental lessons on their main instrument at Birmingham as part of the uni cost? I know some unis I've seen offer free instrumental lessons alongside it. And no I haven't been able to see Birmingham yet as I made the decision of it during lockdown.

Hi @charlieday1,

Yes, we do offer instrumental tuition for all our undergraduate Music students, this is provided in partnership with the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. First year students can have lessons on whichever instrument they choose. This would usually be their first study but students can opt to have lessons on a different instrument, perhaps with a mind to changing their first study.

As students progress to second year they can split instrumental teaching between two instruments. By the time students have the option to take Year 3 Performance, they are expected to be around diploma standard or higher, so students should bear this in mind when considering their instrumental tuition choices.

I hope this helps but if you have any follow up questions just let me know! :biggrin: Molly
Hi there! I’m applying to study Ancient History at Birmingham :smile: I’m currently doing History, English Language and Religious Education at A-Level :biggrin:
Original post by MarkoColes
Hi there! I’m applying to study Ancient History at Birmingham :smile: I’m currently doing History, English Language and Religious Education at A-Level :biggrin:

Hi @MarkoColes,

My colleague Heather looks after Ancient History at Birmingham and knows virtually everything there is to know, so if you have any questions about the course just let me know and I'll find out for you.

Best of luck with your application!

Molly :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Becca216
Hi :wavey: I am Becca
-I am planning to apply to Civil and Railway Engineering
-I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography at Alevel

And I am also planning to apply to Loughborough, Nottingham and Newcastle :smile:

Hi, I'm Eleanor, planning on studying civil engineering too! Currently studying maths, physics and chemistry. I'm also going to apply to Nottingham, Leeds and Cardiff!
Hi! I just applied to read Law! :-) Does anyone know if we will receive a confirmation email regarding the application from the university? Also, is it true that decisions will be made within 15 days? Just seems too good to be true!!
Original post by emd.15
Hi, I'm Eleanor, planning on studying civil engineering too! Currently studying maths, physics and chemistry. I'm also going to apply to Nottingham, Leeds and Cardiff!

Oooo, maybe I’ll see you next year, good luck with your application :biggrin:
Original post by pineaupple
Hi! I just applied to read Law! :-) Does anyone know if we will receive a confirmation email regarding the application from the university? Also, is it true that decisions will be made within 15 days? Just seems too good to be true!!

Where else are you applying to?
Course: Political Economy with Year Abroad BA.
Entry Requirement: AAB/CCC
Other places I am applying to: Warwick, Leicester, KCL.
Birmingham is an excellent university! Hence why I am applying to it.
Good luck to everyone.
Original post by Akash1234567
Where else are you applying to?

I’m also applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL! I’m an international student doing the IB and my HL subjects are Lit, Social and Cultural Anthro and Dance :smile: good luck to you too!!
Original post by pineaupple

Hey @pineaupple,

Congrats on submitting your UCAS application! Hopefully that will be a huge weight off your shoulders and you will start hearing back soon :smile:

I don't believe you will receive a confirmation email directly from us, as long as everything looks right on UCAS track you shouldn't have any reason to worry. Admissions do aim to work towards a 15 working day turnaround period, although in busy periods this can be longer. Given that you've submitted your application pretty early hopefully you should hear back from us within this time frame.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you! - Molly :biggrin:
Original post by UoB - Arts and Law
Hey @pineaupple,

Congrats on submitting your UCAS application! Hopefully that will be a huge weight off your shoulders and you will start hearing back soon :smile:

I don't believe you will receive a confirmation email directly from us, as long as everything looks right on UCAS track you shouldn't have any reason to worry. Admissions do aim to work towards a 15 working day turnaround period, although in busy periods this can be longer. Given that you've submitted your application pretty early hopefully you should hear back from us within this time frame.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you! - Molly :biggrin:

alright!! thank you so much, truly appreciate it!! :smile:
hi
I'm applying to Birmingham uni to do law llb, I was born in Wolverhampton so look forward to potentially coming back to the west midlands. I'm also planning to apply to Warwick, Keele, Coventry, and the uni of law however Birmingham is 100% my first choice :smile:
Original post by Mustafa ugur
hi
I'm applying to Birmingham uni to do law llb, I was born in Wolverhampton so look forward to potentially coming back to the west midlands. I'm also planning to apply to Warwick, Keele, Coventry, and the uni of law however Birmingham is 100% my first choice :smile:

Hi @Mustafa ugur,

Fab to hear you're considering Birmingham. Is there any area of Law that you are particularly interested in?
If you have any questions about the course or life at Birmingham just let me know!

Best of luck with your application! - Molly :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest