Five dynamic jobs you can do with a Mechanical Engineering degree

Watch
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Mechanical Engineering is concerned with the design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of essential machinery for a range of industries.

It’s one of the most versatile and in-demand areas of engineering, and studying an accredited Mechanical Engineering degree will equip you for a diverse range of job roles.

Here are five dynamic jobs you can do with a Mechanical Engineering degree.

Name:  Hero-1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  228.3 KB

Mechanical Engineer
Most industries rely on mechanical systems as part of their operations, whether it’s medical devices for patients, or engines for cars and aircraft

Aerospace Engineer
As an aerospace engineer you will be involved in the development of products such as aircraft, satellites and spacecraft. In addition to this, a day at work could see you taking part in flight-testing programmes, servicing aircraft and advising clients on technological and regulatory aspects.

CAD Technician
As a CAD technician, you’ll work closely with architects and designers to understand their brief, in order to produce detailed drawings and plans for the construction of machinery, buildings, parts and products. It’s a varied role where you might also be responsible for conducting site visits and surveys, editing existing drawings and calculating the costs associated with a project.

Want to know where else Mechanical Engineering could take you? Read our blog post here :wavey:
Last edited by University of Bradford; 1 year ago
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
You can still apply for Mechanical Engineering through Clearing :thumbsup:

Find out more about our Engineering courses here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads