The Student Room Group

Need help with Student Finance!!! *URGENT*

Hi! I need some help and advice on how to proceed next.

I have applied for Student Finance in May and the process was quite complicated as I needed to provide lots of evidence to support my application. It's already September, I am supposed to start Univesity (Nottingham Trent University) in a few weeks and my application is not yet confirmed.

I was asked to submit evidence of my employment (my contract of employment) which I did submit, however, there wasn't enough information and they requested a letter from the HR department providing the rest of the information. I have received the letter via email, which I immediately forwarded to Student Finance. I further waited for an entire month for a response, just to get an email saying "the signature is missing, we need a signature".

I am currently abroad, on a holiday, so I can't get it signed. I have also tried contacted my employer to ask for a signature but I can't get in contact with him. There isn't much time left, as it takes weeks for new evidence to process.

I have also called SF and the agent told me to try and get that signature somehow for my application to further be approved.

I'm not sure what to do, as without SF, I will not be able to pay my tuition and accommodation. I was thinking of withdrawing my offer from NTU and cancelling my accommodation.

Is there a way to continue without that last piece of evidence, as I don't have anything else to submit. Or how should I proceed next if I can't get that signature in the end?

Please do not hesitate to contact me or let me know what I could do next as it's very urgent! Thank you a lot!
email the HR dept of your employer and ask them to sign and scan and send you a copy of the letter by email. Then forward that to SFE.
What bamtutor said check a digital signature will be ok.
Didint you spot there was no signature?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
What bamtutor said check a digital signature will be ok.
Didint you spot there was no signature?

I did, but didn't realise it would be a problem
Reply 4
Original post by Ilie746
Hi! I need some help and advice on how to proceed next.

I have applied for Student Finance in May and the process was quite complicated as I needed to provide lots of evidence to support my application. It's already September, I am supposed to start Univesity (Nottingham Trent University) in a few weeks and my application is not yet confirmed.

I was asked to submit evidence of my employment (my contract of employment) which I did submit, however, there wasn't enough information and they requested a letter from the HR department providing the rest of the information. I have received the letter via email, which I immediately forwarded to Student Finance. I further waited for an entire month for a response, just to get an email saying "the signature is missing, we need a signature".

I am currently abroad, on a holiday, so I can't get it signed. I have also tried contacted my employer to ask for a signature but I can't get in contact with him. There isn't much time left, as it takes weeks for new evidence to process.

I have also called SF and the agent told me to try and get that signature somehow for my application to further be approved.

I'm not sure what to do, as without SF, I will not be able to pay my tuition and accommodation. I was thinking of withdrawing my offer from NTU and cancelling my accommodation.

Is there a way to continue without that last piece of evidence, as I don't have anything else to submit. Or how should I proceed next if I can't get that signature in the end?

Please do not hesitate to contact me or let me know what I could do next as it's very urgent! Thank you a lot!

You should still be able to enroll even tho student finance hasn’t confirmed anything. Talk to your student service and explain the situation. Also for your accommodation are you staying in halls or letting from an agency
Original post by Ilie746
I did, but didn't realise it would be a problem

Bit without the signature then its an unverified document. In any event you have to keep on at them and get what they want. If you cant because you are on holiday then get someone back in the UK to help.
Reply 6
Original post by Chris ZZ
You should still be able to enroll even tho student finance hasn’t confirmed anything. Talk to your student service and explain the situation. Also for your accommodation are you staying in halls or letting from an agency

I will be staying at a private accommodation
Reply 7
I am trying to contact my manager but I'm not sure if he will be willing to help as don't work there anymore.
Thanks for advice!
Original post by 999tigger
Bit without the signature then its an unverified document. In any event you have to keep on at them and get what they want. If you cant because you are on holiday then get someone back in the UK to help.

Quick Reply

Latest