The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2021 applicant chat

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to buy textbooks or will they provide us the list and materials? If anyone knows where to buy/get them please share. Thanks!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Anonymous
Do we need to buy textbooks or will they provide us the list and materials? If anyone knows where to buy/get them please share. Thanks!

Some banks are offering a subscription for perlego for a year i think, where you can get text books online, when you open a student bank account. Also you could try pirating books online if you cant necessarily spare much expense. Be wary of viruses though.
Original post by Domi2242
is there a general bristol group chat on whatsapp? and if so please can you send me the link :smile:

i am looking for one for aerospace.
Does anyone know when we need to upload our student ID photo by?
Does anyone know when we need to upload our student ID photo by?

10th of september I believe.
Original post by dednedred
10th of september I believe.

Thank you
Original post by Nonagone
Some banks are offering a subscription for perlego for a year i think, where you can get text books online, when you open a student bank account. Also you could try pirating books online if you cant necessarily spare much expense. Be wary of viruses though.

Will they send us a list of books we need?
Will they send us a list of books we need?

Second year here
You don't need to buy any books, they give u a list of recommended reading once u have access to the course site and u can get all the books in the online library. Don't buy any textbooks a complete waste of money as they are so expensive
Have any international students found the best method to pay fees?
Anyone staying near Bath?
Anyone staying near Bath?

i got my accom in bath lol, looking to transfer to bristol asap tho is ur accom in bath?
Has anyone done the Start Your Studies form? I believe they said they'll email to us at a later date but I realised you're actually able to access it on the university website so I was just wondering if anyone has done it already? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
did anyone get email from sfe saying that the uni registration hasn't been confirmed? it said that unis might do it late but was just wondering if i've done anything wrong lols
Original post by mickeybowl
did anyone get email from sfe saying that the uni registration hasn't been confirmed? it said that unis might do it late but was just wondering if i've done anything wrong lols

I was wondering the same because I thought I’d already registered and everything
I declined my place at uni accommodation. Is there anything I can do??
I declined my place at uni accommodation. Is there anything I can do??

are u looking for a place to share with ur friends?
coz im not getting my preferred room too and am searching for flat mates
is anyone looking for girl flate mates?
Hey! So I’ve secured a place at Bristol for Mechanical Engineering this year and I haven’t received my ATAS certificate yet. Is there anyone I can contact in regard to this? I’m an international student and getting this certificate will help speed up my visa process. Let me know if the university can assist me in this.
Original post by Nishgarikaps
Hey! So I’ve secured a place at Bristol for Mechanical Engineering this year and I haven’t received my ATAS certificate yet. Is there anyone I can contact in regard to this? I’m an international student and getting this certificate will help speed up my visa process. Let me know if the university can assist me in this.

You should talk directly to the uni
LAST YEARS THREAD - for 2022 Entry please use the OTHER THREAD !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending