Official Cardiff University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
charlieday1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya My names Molly (Big fan of Always sunny in Philadelphia). I'm hoping to study Music and History as a joint degree in Cardiff as one of my top two choices. Currently studying Music, English Lit and History. Anyone else wanting to do a similar course to me or either music/history?
palko123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I'm hoping to study Dental Hygiene and Therapy 🤞 I'm currently studying Access to Science online
Jaslewissss
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. I hope to study Psychology (with professional placement year)
I study Biology and Health and social care
misa_22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I want to study News Journalism MA.
I study Information Arts.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaslewissss)
Hi. I hope to study Psychology (with professional placement year)
I study Biology and Health and social care
hi, i'm a first year doing psychology at cardiff- my lectures haven't started yet!! but if you've any questions i can try my best to answer them
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Cardiff, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
charlieday1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, applying for music and just wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was an audition process or something for the Music degree? Like will I be asked to audition/interview/submit a compo portfolio or something? Many thanks
allymuuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi! im ally
and im looking to apply for computer science
at the moment im studying maths, computer science and biology
noah 123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Cardiff, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
I'd say apply, in my experience Cardiff can be quite lienient when it comes to grades, just make sure you have a good personal statement. If you're worried about wether you have the right type of qualifications I would email admissions to see if they can help you.
procrastinatingb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
looking to do neuroscience! currently taking biology, maths and german
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by noah 123)
I'd say apply, in my experience Cardiff can be quite lienient when it comes to grades, just make sure you have a good personal statement. If you're worried about wether you have the right type of qualifications I would email admissions to see if they can help you.
Thank you!!
kktrian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hello, I've applied for Medicine at Cardiff, it's my first choice and I really hope my application goes well
eroper
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey, I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc, currently studying A Levels in PE, Biology and Geography
NetNeutrality
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi I'm applying for physics, currently taking maths, physics, chem + EPQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.52%
I'm not sure (8)
2.3%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
35.06%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.72%
I'm not a current university student (158)
45.4%

Watched Threads