Mari_a2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, I had an offer to start studying dentistry in Dundee this September but once I got my results Dundee admissions team emailed me and told me that with the recieved results they don't accept my conditional offer.

Thus, I didn't pick them on UCAS as a firm or insurance choice because they alreafy told me they won't accept me. Later my results were reevaluated and the new results met their cobditions.

I contacted them to say that now I meet their requitments but they won't accept me since I didn't pick them on UCAS. Yet, the only reason I didn't pick them is because they told me officially they wouldn't accept me.

I didn't know my grades would be put up but now because of this I can't attend university.
I had 5 conditional offers and didn't get in any of these Universities as my IB results were lowered. After my grades put up I could be accepted at four of my conditional offers but I ended up with no place at any University with such as high grades. Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks,
Maria
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Unfortunately if you firmed and insured other universities, you declined their offer, essentially losing your place, and they would have only considered you through clearing by the time IB grades were changed. The "re-evaluation" was for people who initially missed their firm and insurance offers, who then met them after grades were bumped up. It's likely that after this they would have had no spaces to give through clearing. Did you ask for reconsideration from your firm or insurance? It's probably too late now but a lot of unis had a form you had to fill in.

Your main option now is to take a gap year if you can't find anything through clearing and you want something better than your firm/insurance.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If they had already rejected you, and didnt even make you an offer, hence you picking different Firm/Insurance, they are not under any obligation to reconsider you after Results Day.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Got myself confused with June vs July for IB results. So the timescale doesn't quite make sense to me and I think I misunderstood. What was your UCAS reply deadline? The first deadline was before IB results, so you wouldn't have been able to firm/insure after your results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (692)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (873)
42.65%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (390)
19.05%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads