The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My birthday party plans for a nice evening enjoying the garden with fire pit and heaters tomorrow is not going to happen :frown: The rain is ruining my birthday.
Rain means floods, which means nothing else will be in the news for days.
I don't mind the rain....when i'm tucked up in a duvet with a mug of tea and toast listening to it patter against the window. I hate it when i'm in it though...my hair goes vava voom in the rain :frown:
Reply 23
I want to play sports but i cant outside :frown: Ahhhhh!
Reply 24
I like it. That said, I hope it doesn't rain on my birthday.
the forcast for wednesday and thursday is terrible. wind and heavy rain cos of the remnants of hurricane hanna...........
I just wish the weather would make up its mind. I don't mind rain, but going from raining to sunny and back again 5 times a day is ridiculous!
rt
Damn, it's a very British thing to do - moan about the weather BUT it's been raining non-stop for the last week and I've just had a look at the weather forecast and every day has heavy rain forecast! Grrrrrr.

I usually moan about how I'm not taking advantage of the good weather and going out but I can't even do that now.

I know by moaning it's not going to change the weather, but it's so miserable isn't it - just - CONSTANT rain rain rain.

I agree with u rt,we had non stop rain where i am for ages,months in fact,no wonder everyone goes abroad for the sunshine and the scenry lol:yep:
Reply 28
Rain, rain lots of rain. :smile:
Looks like I buggered off to Japan at just the right time... it's lovely and hot over here :p:
Reply 30
ITS SOOOO HOT toDAY! YEAH!
Reply 31
I know, the rain seems to be non stop. Last week I was on holiday, and coming back to this is just bleugh! I want to go back to Magaluf (brilliant sunshine and about 38/40 degrees...) but uni starts soon... :frown:
Can we turn this thread around. Over the weekend I worked outside in the rain, during the day and woke up happy about the rain today. I'm going to get myself some full waterproofs next week, so i'll be able to be out in the rain and when I'm indoors take them off and be dry.

Lets make it postive, afterall were in England and the weather aint getting any better.
So whats good about the rain and what can we do?

Go for a walk/ jog/ cycle in the rain: Still need to do!
Find a muddy hill and slide down it: did this a few years back was sooo much fun, but very messy!
watch the rain indoors, knowing your all dry.

Its difficult but I want ideas, as I'm bored with nothing to do for 2 weeks.
Reply 33
I love the rain, bring on the thunder storms.
Reply 34
Be grateful we have no drought and famine. Go and live for a year in country which is permanently sunny and you'll be so grateful to come back and see clouds and rain.

Latest

Trending

Trending