geetikakhatri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, I recently did my UCAT and got 2570 with a band 1 in situational. I'm worried it is not a good score and not many unis will offer me a place with that and because I got a 6 in english language GCSE but the rest of my GCSE grades are fine. Is my score good enough to at least secure a place in one uni? and if so, which because the uni websites are so confusing.
Gumballfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
My test is next week, and I would say that Plymouth and Birmingham are good for you. Plymouth have a low cut off score of 2400 whilst Birmingham doesn’t have a cut off score but a rating system, however that 6 in English could lower it depending on your other grades, if you volunteer/work ...etc. I would say avoid Manchester, they’re hella picky and try maybe looking at the Scottish universities, hope this helps!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your UCAT score isn't bad. It's always best to wait until preliminary results are published by the UCAT consortium, and then again after testing ends for final deciles to get a rough idea of how you've performed against your peers. This will aid you when it comes to where to apply.

A 6 in English Literature meets the requirements of dental schools so that's fine too. Can I ask what your GCSE results were and what you're predicted for A Levels?

Also remember that some universities also look at the application holistically: personal statement, GCSE, A Levels predictions, UCAT etc. So these schools might be better options for you.
geetikakhatri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gumballfan)
My test is next week, and I would say that Plymouth and Birmingham are good for you. Plymouth have a low cut off score of 2400 whilst Birmingham doesn’t have a cut off score but a rating system, however that 6 in English could lower it depending on your other grades, if you volunteer/work ...etc. I would say avoid Manchester, they’re hella picky and try maybe looking at the Scottish universities, hope this helps!
That’s great thank you so much! And good luck for your test!
geetikakhatri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Your UCAT score isn't bad. It's always best to wait until preliminary results are published by the UCAT consortium, and then again after testing ends for final deciles to get a rough idea of how you've performed against your peers. This will aid you when it comes to where to apply.

A 6 in English Literature meets the requirements of dental schools so that's fine too. Can I ask what your GCSE results were and what you're predicted for A Levels?

Also remember that some universities also look at the application holistically: personal statement, GCSE, A Levels predictions, UCAT etc. So these schools might be better options for you.
Hi so my gcses were: chem 9 bio 8 physics 9 maths 8 English lit 7 English Lang 6 economics 8 citizenship 7 french 6 and geography 7. I also got an A* in IFS (kinda like a business GCSE). My predicted I think are AAA but I’m pushing for an AAA*. And thank you so much for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.36%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.17%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.02%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.24%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.69%

Watched Threads